022.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
022. ❛ treacherous waters.

"SHIT, SHIT, SHIT," Diana swore under her breath and shook her head at Peter, telling him not to answer. She did not want to deal with Tony Stark at the moment.

"No, no, no," Peter responded as he, too, shook his head, pleading with Karen not to answer. "Don't answer!"

The call answered anyway, and Tony stared ahead at him. "Got a sec?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"Uh, I'm actually at school." Peter stammered as he shot a look at Diana.

"No, you're not." Commented Karen.

"Shut it, Karen," Diana grumbled lowly.

"Nice work in D.C., Both of you." Tony commended.

"Thanks," Diana mumbled skeptically as she glanced at Peter worriedly.

"My dad never really gave me a lot of support." Tony continued, "And I'm trying to break the cycle of shame."

"Uh, we're kind of in the middle of something right now," Peter spoke up, trying to end the call as quickly as possible.

"Don't cut me off when I'm complimenting you," Tony replied. "Anyway, great things are about to—" Suddenly, the ferry horn blared and cut off Tony's sentence. "What is that?"

"I'm at band practice. That's what it is. Diana stayed with me." Peter lied and bent his head down.

"That's odd, Happy told me you quit band six weeks ago. What's up?" Tony questioned.

"I've gotta go. Uh, end call!" Peter shouted at Karen before standing up with Diana.

"Hey—"

The call then ended. "I'll take those!" Peter yelled as he webbed one of the weapons and pulled it up. "Yoink."

"Yoink? Really?" Diana scoffed with a roll of her eyes. Peter didn't respond since he had already leaped off the roof and landed in front of the men. Diana sighed, then jumped down beside him.

"Hey, guys. The illegal-weapons-deal ferry was at 10:30. You missed it." Peter remarked when they all pulled out their guns and pointed them at Peter and Diana.

"What's with all this tension, Hmm?" The girl hummed and tilted her head, looking at all the men. She pointed at one of the guys at the side, "Honey, you're holding your gun wrong. That'll damage your hand, you don't want that, do you? You've got such a handsome face by the way."

Peter webbed the two men before him while Diana threw a sonic shock at a guy's arm. "Ooh, that's gotta hurt, man." She smiled happily and turned to Peter, who saw the man screaming in agony and shook his head in disapproval.

The ones that were left scrambled to get the rest of the weapons. "Woah, Woah, Woah! Not so fast." Peter webbed them all and threw a motorcycle at a small group. "Are you guys okay? My bad. That was a little harsh. I got to say, the other guy was way better with that thing," Peter commented as he looked at a man webbed to the railing, holding one of the electric weapons.