041.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
041. ❛ addiction and depression.

FIVE MONTHS LATER.

DIANA LAID IN HER BED, blank green eyes staring at the wall across from her, which had pictures of her friends and family. Even some of herself where she was actually happy. Like when she was training with Steve and accidentally shot his foot.

It had been five months since she 'time traveled' five years into the future and let me tell you it was shit. Kids were orphaned, whoever survived the snap separated, the only people she really had were Steve and Natasha.

Natasha would constantly try to distract herself with training or looking for a fight, not wanting to sit in the silent compound doing nothing with a depressed teenager.

Steve was better; he took over Sam Wilson's old job at the VA. He made sure Diana ate and slept and took care of her when he needed to. He helped her adjust to the new time period she was in, seeing as he had some experience dealing with being out of time. He lived with the girls in the compound, trying to keep everyone stable.

But Diana? Diana was awful. Her routine consisted of sleeping, watching a movie or two, sometimes eating, training for an hour or two then it repeated. She continued taking her antidepressants and smoking, trying her best to feel something in the world she was thrown in.

Her earphones were playing Phillip Phillips Gone, Gone, Gone at full volume, trying to drown out her thoughts. A silent tear rolled down her cheek as she listened to the lyrics.

"You will never sleep alone. I'll love you long after you're gone. And long after you're gone, gone, gone."

She pulled the stuffed bear Peter had gotten her closer to her chest, trying to find comfort where it couldn't be found. She was trying so hard to be stable, but she just couldn't.

Natasha knocked on the girl's door, but there was no need since her door was already open. The redhead leaned against the frame and let her comforting green eyes stare down at the blonde, "Diana, honey, I'm making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Do you want one?"

Diana looked up still with teary eyes. She nodded and slowly sat up in bed as Natasha left to make the sandwich. She pulled the covers off her body and pulled out her earphones, taking in a deep breath.

She planted her feet on the floor and slowly stood up, her body feeling weak, aching in all sorts of places. She walked forward slowly, her footsteps so silent, barely noticeable, and caught her reflection in the mirror on her wall.

Her white hair was a mess and pulled into a high ponytail, her face looking as exhausted as ever, she was wearing grey sweatpants with Peter's royal blue Midtown hoodie.

Diana frowned at her reflection and turned away; she hated what she was doing to herself but continued anyway. She shuffled to her dresser and opened the first drawer, pulling out a cigarette from her pack and lighting it with a lighter.

Closing the drawer, she placed the cigarette between her soft, pink lips, inhaling the addictive and lethal chemicals. Releasing the smoke slowly, she rolled her shoulders back and then popped her neck. Guilt crept up her body as she glanced at the cigarette daintily placed between her slender fingers; she knew Peter hated it when she smoked. In fact, he despised it, and disappointment was all Diana could feel in herself.