IX

Beeping sounds of machines. A feeling of being wrapped up by something came to Takemichi's mind.

Opening his eyes to be greeted with white ceiling.

He's in a hospital. Lying on his bed, weren't able to move for a bit.

"You're awake." A voice rang, it was Koko who was sitting beside his bed.

"You've been unconscious for three days." Koko told him.

Takemichi suddenly remembered that he was beaten up so bad by Mikey. The last thing he remembered was passing out.

"Senju saved you. Of course, not by fighting. She bowed down to Mikey. And begged to end the conflict by disbanding Brahman itself."

Koko sighed, and stood up.

"I better get going now. Be sure to grasp the aftermath of the huge battle, kay? See ya." He walked out of the room. Leaving Takemichi on the bed alone.

It was nighttime. Takemichi was spacing out on his bed for the whole day, since he couldn't really do anything. When he realised a blonde was sitting beside his bed. It was Chifuyu.

"I went to Draken's funeral..."

Hearing this, Takemichi diverted his gaze away from Chifuyu. The feeling of guilt instantly swarming up.

"Everything that has happened... Its hard to take in. It got me pondering..."
Chifuyu is clearly trembling, from holding back his tears.

"Takemitchy.... What's wrong with you? You met Draken in the future, right? So... Why is he gone...?"

He couldn't hold back no more. He started bursting out tears.

"Why did you have to come back when things were going so well in the future...?!"

He paused for a little.

"It's your fault that Draken-kun is....!!"
Before finishing, he came to a realisation on what is he saying. He quickly shuttled himself by putting his hand on his mouth.

".... I'm sorry, Takemitchy."
He apologised for being impatient on things. Not expecting a reply.

"It's okay, Chifuyu. It's all my fault..." Takemichi spoke.

"Huh? You...."

"Can you... Leave me alone please?" Takemichi asked.

".... Alright...." Chifuyu stood up.

"You better heal soon.... So I can beat you up with all my heart." He walked out of the door.

Takemichi was left alone for the whole night. He couldn't sleep. Thinking about what should he do from now on.

Until morning....

"Mitchy~ I'm here to visit you~" A girl's voice came in from the outside. Opening the door to see a Rian with bandages all over her.

"Kiri... san?" Takemichi mumbled.

"Yep! It's me. Haven't got amnesia after getting punches blew in the head, have ya?" She joked, sitting on the edge of Takemichi's bed.

"You're okay now..?" Takemichi asked in a very concerning way.

"Take care of yourself before asking me. I woke up a few minutes before you do, ya know?"

"A few minutes..."

"So, what are you planning to do, after getting out of the hospital." Rian threw a question.

"Kiri-san.... You're not gonna go back to America...?" Hearing her question, Takemichi immediately guessed that she was not planning on going back to America.

"Why should I? I was literally greeted by bodyguards after I woke up from my bed. Saying that they were hired by my dad! I had to knock em out before sneaking in to your room ya know?" Rian pouted.

Unbelievable. A girl, with bandages all over her. Severely injured. Was still able to knock down bodyguards that were hired.

"Kiri-san... Are you even human..." Takemichi let out a small laugh.

"Oh, right! Are you familiar with Senju? I thought that she's more open when she's with you." Takemichi asked.

"You're slow.."

"Ah— sorry—"

"Ahh.... Technically, we've known each other for about four years? Or more."

"Oh... So that's why..."

"Welp, I'll let you rest. Be sure to visit me when you're good though!" She said, jumping off his bed and waved goodbye to him.

Walking out the door and closing it.

"Man, I really do hope he heals soon though." She mumbled to herself.

It was a smooth walk in the corridors until she felt a bit dizzy. Aches swallowing her whole.

She kneeled down, panting. She had never felt such pain like this. Not even after getting blew in the head by Mikey's kick.

Nurses who were passing by saw it and panicked. Kneeling down to ask her if she's alright.

'What are they saying...? Shut up for God's sake... So noisy...!' she thought. She couldn't focus on the voices talking to her, too busy dealing with the dizziness and aches.

When she remembered that after she woke up, the doctors announced that she had very low blood sugar for some unparticular reason.

"Get me glucose... Or something sweet...." She mumbled to the nurses around her.

Despite not really liking sweet food, she couldn't help it. Her own health is way more important. Than anything now. After eating the sweet the nurses got her, she felt better. From only the dizziness. What about the aches?

She calmed herself and thought.

"Who... Did I came to visit again...?"

~~~~~~~~~~