XII

Right after the day, Takemichi went asking Hakkai about joining the new team he made.

"Got it. I'll join." Hakkai didn't even hesitate to say that.

"Huh?! You're joining right away without hesitation?!" Takemichi asked.

"Hakkai bro, take time to think about it. Our designer's Chifuyu, ya know?" Rian whispered. He didn't reply, instead, he turned to Takemichi.

"Takemitchy. You don't get me, do you?"

"Eh?"

"If you come and ask for help, there's no way I can turn you down, can I?"

".... Hakkai." Takemichi was deeply touched by him.

"Alright, Hakkai! Now, please wear this!" Chifuyu said, handing him a t-shirt.

"Eh? What the hell is this...?" Hakkai changed in to the cloth and asked, while looking at the weird cat on the design.

"It's the Thousand Winters' uniform!" Chifuyu proudly said.

"Ah... Um..." Takemichi wasn't able to say anything as he's too embarrassed about it. Since he's wearing it too.

"Thousand Winters??"

"I told you to think before joining..." Rian facepalmed.

"Kiri-chan isn't even wearing it. You're a disappointment to Thousand Winters!" Chifuyu has his arms crossed in front of him.

"I told you I haven't even agreed to join yet!!" Rian shot back at him.

"So.. We're going to wear this as we fight Kantou Manji gang??" Hakkai asked in disbelief.

"Yup! Isn't it cool? We really outdid ourselves this time!" Chifuyu exclaimed.

"Yeah, you sure did..."

"Chifuyu, I think that's enough about the uniform..."

Hakkai used a buttoned shirt to cover up the 'uniform', as he'll be walking down the streets. Not wanting to embarrass himself.

"Alright, that aside. We have a team if three!"

"I wouldn't get all excited with a team of three, man!" Hakkai smiled.

"Yeah, if we want a team that could beat Kantou, we need more people!" Chifuyu agreed.

"You guys got anyone else that can count on?" Takemichi asked.

"Hm?"

"Huh?"

"Eh?"

"....."

"Huh? Don't you guys have any friends?" Takemichi, sweatdropping and asked.

"Hey man! It's not nice of you to say that!" Hakkai shook his head.

"What's up with you, asshole?!" Chifuyu yelped at him.

"Bunch of loners." Rian sighed at the three guys.

"Then what about you?! You have friends??" Chifuyu shot her back.

"I literally just came back from America?!"

"Umm..."

"Ah..."

The situation became quiet. Starting to think of any person that they can rely on.

"Ah! I think I know someone!" Takemichi said.

Saying this, they went to a place. And that place is Draken and Inupi's bike shop.

"Hey... Isn't this Draken and Inupi's shop?"

"Yeah.."

"Don't you think that it's not the right tim—"

Before Chifuyu could finish, a figure came out of the building. It was Inupi.

"What's up, Hanagaki?" He asked.

"Inupi-kun!"

He invited us into the building. And settled us down on the sofa.

"... I will fight Kantou Manji gang." Takemichi said.

"Thousand Winters is a team with the same goal. Please, will you join our team, Inupi-kun?"

Hearing this, Inupi stood up from his seat. Takemichi thought that he was pissed, and was preparing for some scolding.

"You don't have to ask twice!"

"Eh?"

"This is why I chose you."

"Inupi-kun..."

Both of them smiled at each other.

"Alright then! Now that's settled!"
Chifuyu interfered, showing the uniform that Inupi is gonna wear.

"From today on, Inupi-kun's a member of the Thousand Winters! Please wear this!!" Chifuyu proudly said.

"....."

Not a second later, Inupi spat on the shirt.

"Aghhh!!! Why did you do that, Inupi-kun??!!" Chifuyu yelped on top of his lungs.

"There's no way I'm wearing something as lame as that." he said, walking away.

"Pfft hahahahahaha!!! Nice one, Inupi!!" tears pricked at Rian's eyes from laughing too hard at Inupi's reaction.

A few days later, Inupi was somehow convinced to wear the 'uniform'. They were having a small talk about the gang.

"Now all TW (Thousand Winters) needs is an advisor and someone with taste!" Takemichi was the first to speak.

"Totally agree!" Inupi, Hakkai and Rian didn't even hesitate to agree with Takemichi.

".... I get the advisor part, but what do you mean 'someone with taste'?" Chifuyu asked. Not even getting a hint that they're talking about his bad sense of style.

"Anyways! I've got an idea on who we're looking for!" Takemichi stood up, yelling.

"Oh! Are you talking about someone who I hold a lot of respect for?" Hakkai seems to get who Takemichi is talking about.

"Exactly! We need him in our team no matter what!"

"Ahh.... But he might be busy though, with his dreams." Rian said.

"But he should be able to help if we ask!"

"Yeah! Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~