Rift

Lightspeed rounds a corner and runs over to his house.

"This reality looks exactly like mine. Guess I won't have to get used to a lot of changes." Lightspeed says as he walks up to his house.

Lightspeed walks inside his house and says: "Yup. Nothing here is different from my reality. Everything's here."

Lightspeed walked into his room just as someone knocked on the door. Lightspeed walks over and sees it's James.

"Hey James!" Lightspeed said.

"Hey Lightspeed. You forgot your phone." James said, handing Lightspeed his phone.

"Oh thanks!"

"You're welcome." James said as he started to head off.

"Wait! If you want you can come in and stay for a bit." Lightspeed offered James.

"Um..." James said as he thought for a bit. "Sure. Why not?"

As James was walking back up, Syntax came out of nowhere and tackled James to the ground.

"JAMES!" Lightspeed rushed to see if James was ok. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." James said.

Lightspeed turned to Syntax. "I know you're not the greatest with unfamiliar people, so lemme introduce you two."

"James this is Syntax, he is a demon-human hybrid from Hell, he is also the god of Fire, and he is Satan's son." Lightspeed said pointing toward Syntax. "And Syntax, this is James. I ran into him when I came into this reality, and I don't know much about him. Why don't you tell him about yourself, James?"

"Well, my name is James, and I am also a superhero named The Gunner. I am an expert with any and all ranged weapons, and I also have Elemental Powers. My element is Earth."

"See, now we're getting to know each other." Lightspeed says. "Why don't we head inside?"

"Sure." Syntax and James say as they walk inside.

A shadow watches them enter the house. "I thought I killed him." A mysterious voice said. "Yet he's standing right there. This is too confusing. I need to let Red Justice know immediately!" The shadow ran off, leaving a black trail behind him.

"So, Syntax, where have you been?" Lightspeed asked.

"Uhh..." Syntax said, thinking of the several cities he destroyed. "Nowhere too important."

"Oh, alright." Lightspeed said, turning on the TV. "Wanna play some Asphalt 9?"

"Sure." Syntax said.

"How about me?" James asked.

"I have another Switch with Asphalt on it. You can use it"

"Thanks!"

James accidentally turned on the news.

"So this year's winning lottery numbers are..." The news reporter starts to say as a mysterious shadow breaks in and looks toward the camera.

"Lightspeed. You may or may not know me, but I am Darkspeed, your better counterpart. I have taken your city hostage. Meet me in the field in 5 minutes or else I will kill all of them."

Lightspeed turns off the TV and turns to James. "Syntax and I took care of him in our reality, but apparently this reality's Darkspeed isn't a pile of burnt ashes."

"Let's go take care of that un-burn't not pile of ashes." Syntax said.

"Hold on, I have a plan. Knowing Darkspeed, he's gonna want to fight me. Just me. So, I will go up to him and fight him, and when I give this symbol," Lightspeed said, making a symbol with his hand. "You and James will rush in and help me destroy Darkspeed."

"Got it." Syntax and James said.

"Alright. You guys go find an area where Darkspeed and I can't see you, but make sure you can still see me and Darkspeed."

"Ok." Syntax and James said, running off with Lightspeed.

Out at the field Lightspeed runs in and Darkspeed is waiting on the other side of the field.

"Hello, Lightspeed. I see you're still alive somehow." Darkspeed said.

"What do you mean?" Lightspeed said.

"I killed you like, 2 months ago."

"Well, here I am! I'm alive and well."

"And that's what makes me annoyed." Darkspeed said, charging up and firing a powerful blast of lightning at Lightspeed. Lightspeed quickly reacted by firing another blast of lightning, trying to hold Darkspeed's blast back. It wasn't working very well, so he went Super. It held the blast back a little more, but it wasn't completely stopping it. Lightspeed went even farther and went Infinite. It stopped the beam in it's tracks.

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that won't help you because I know everything you're going to do! Strange isn't it?" Lightspeed said, making the symbol, and Syntax and James jumped out. James quietly sneaked through the grass, while Syntax went and helped Lightspeed by using his fire. James quietly sneaked up to Darkspeed and punched him, knocking Darkspeed out.

Lightspeed went back to normal, and went over to Darkspeed, to see if he was dead or not.

"He's not dead, but he is in a coma. As much as I don't want to, we're gonna leave him out here. I don't want him waking up in the house at 2 AM and killing us. Let's go." Lightspeed said as he walked away. James and Syntax walked away with Lightspeed, back to the house.