Magical Mischief

It's a nice, peaceful day, the sky is blue, the trees and grass are nice and green, and Syntax comes walking down the road, from one end of the screen to the other, admiring the scenery.

Syntax walks up to his mailbox to check the mail and sees a letter inside, Syntax takes it out, sees it's from AirStrike, and decides to throw it away, but tops to think, what if it's something important? Like maybe a job for me? And then decides to open it up.

Syntax reads aloud, "Listen, I need your help. Gunner brought a kid from a different dimension into this one and then he made a super powerful device and I stole it, but then Gunner came and stole it back, and the other kid, I think his name was Spider-Man, dropped me off on the side of the road and left. I want you to kill Spider-Man. I tried to do it myself but I failed. From AirStrike."

Syntax continued to stare at the letter thinking about whether or not he should go to kill this 'Spider-Man' guy for AirStrike.

"Why should I do it? Why should I follow orders from the person who killed Lightspeed and disbanded the Eternal Protectors because of that?" Syntax thought, throwing the letter on the ground, and stomping on it.

"But, I haven't killed anyone in awhile. This Spider-Man guy does sound like a good challenge." Syntax said, reconsidering. "Fine. I'll do it. But only this once." He said to himself as he flew away toward Lightspeed's house.

Meanwhile at Lightspeed's house, Gunner was resting, leaned back in a chair, when the alarm went off. Gunner fell off the chair and sat up, looking at the computer screen. "Airspace? Something's intruding Airspace? That's new." Gunner said, going to get his gun. Gunner ran outside with his gun and Syntax landed in front of him. "Syntax? Why are you here? You haven't been here in months!"

Syntax walked up to Gunner and choked him. "Where is he?" Syntax asked.

"Who?" Gunner asked, confused.

"Don't play dumb with me, you know who I'm talking about. WHERE IS HE?!" Syntax demanded.

"I-I really don't know who your talking about. If it's Lightspeed your looking for, he's dead, remember?" Gunner said, still confused as to why Syntax was choking him.

"I KNOW THAT! I'M LOOKING FOR SPIDER-MAN!" Syntax said.

"Oh, h-him, y-yeah, he's back in hi-his dimension." Gunner said, almost passing out. "C-can I ha-have a chan-chance to breathe pl-please?"

Syntax let go of Gunner, frustrated. Gunner had his hands on his knees, gasping for air. Syntax thought for a second. "Where's the gem?"

"The Time Warp Gem?" Gunner asked.

"Yes. Where is it?" Syntax asked seriously.

"Kai has it." Gunner said.

"Where is she?" Syntax asked.

"Reality X. Something bad must have happened there, she's been there for like a month now." Gunner said, slightly worried.

"There goes my plan to find Spider-Man." Syntax said, throwing his hands up in frustration and sitting down on the ground.

"Why do you even want to find him anyway?" Gunner asked.

Syntax sat there and thought up a lie. "I was at the beach with CryptoShield and he said that there was this guy named Spider-Man in town and he said he was really powerful so I want to try to fight him."

"Oh, that's cool." Gunner said not even questioning the fact that Syntax lied directly to his face. "Spider-Man made a very powerful device that can do a bunch of stuff like teleporting between dimensions. He made a duplicate and left it here."