XVII

20232 WEEKS LATERSOUTH DAKOTA

2023
2 WEEKS LATER
SOUTH DAKOTA

    BRIAR followed the three inside Ajak's house. Phastos, Ben and Jack are now the ones residing in the house since they didn't want life in the city anymore, especially now that their origins are known.

   "Did you fix the TV?" Briar asked, amusement in her voice when she saw Ben and Jack watching TV.

   "Yeah, Sprite told me about the storm when you found Ajak's body. That's why it's broken." Phastos turned to the girl with sass.

   "It's not my fault my emotions can control the weather!" Briar sighed, pushing Phastos aside making the man glare at her.

   "We ordered pizza.. and chicken wings. So you can have food before you leave." Ben turned to the three Eternals with a smile.

   "Man, Phastos doesn't deserve you." Briar joked, earning snickers from Thena, Makkari and Druig.

   "You know what? I'm gonna have to say you and Druig don't deserve each other, I've got no side to pick from the two of you." Phastos grumbled, hands adjusting his cardigan.

   "Is your hatred for me that bad? I am wounded, Phastos." Druig passed by the kitchen, patting Phastos on the back.

   "Yes, it is that bad. Now shut up before I kick you two out of my house." Phastos gave the couple a glare.

   "Technically, it's Ajak-"

   Druig quickly covered Briar's mouth with his palm before the girl will say something that will make Phastos really kick them out, and he didn't wanna miss the opportunity to eat pizza.

    The five Eternals lounged on the living room, Ben took Jack outside, probably to play football.

    "I can't imagine how it would be when I'll be in the Domo with these two.. it would either be cheesy or chaotic." Makkari signed, pointing at Druig and Briar who was seating next to her.

   "You better pray to all the Gods." Phastos snorted.

   "Yeah, about that.." Briar cleared her throat, looking at them with a nervous look as she bit the top of her lip.

   "What's wrong, flower?" Druig turned to the girl beside him, concern written on his face as he held Briar's hand.

   "I.. won't be going with you guys." Briar gave them a sheepish smile, scratching the back of her neck.