Chapter1

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. -Walt Disney

*************

OLD GRA MAIDUGURI STATE NIGERIA..
Aunty shaheedah wake up !"  wake up!"
She jump awake to the sound of gleeful screams and tugging of her arms from her  younger sibling. Groaning in contempt, she slowly open her sleep-filled eyes to groggily glare at the overexcited child. The bright light shining from her casement windows blinded her which made her  shut her eyes hurriedly in pain.

"Aunty shaheedah , it's time to get up. It's ya jamal promotion !" and don't forget we have booked an early flight."By this time, little Ayra , has crawled on top of her and is enthusiastically jumping on her unmoving body. And same time yanking the warm chinilblanket that's wrapped around her, away from her stiff body.

Shaheedah , you should have been up and out of bed hours ago.This is not how I raised you to be. A young lady should have risen at the stroke of dawn and prepared herself for the day." Her stern, yet beautiful shuwa mother suddenly rushed into the room, a remote in her hand probably throwing it on shaheedah if she did not get up quickly enough. With just one harsh look, little Ayra hurriedly move away from her side and stand in line behind their mother. Too scared to even utter a sound, ayra look toward her in fear and helplessness.

Sighing, She find the strength to rise from the bed. she slowly place her feet onto the cold-vitrified tiled floor and walk towards her closet . While ignoring the sound of her mother's scolding."

"'I understand 'mommy . I'll wake up early next time." she say her voice dripping with fake promises and face dripping with cold water from a basin that her sister brought in. Thwack. she feel the sharp pain of her mother's remote hitting her back , which causes her to flinch and sit straighter in her chair.

As if I'd believe that. I told you to always wake up early shaheedah this past 9 and we need to hit to abuja early you're not getting any younger heedah you'll get married and have kids some day imagine you're 23 years but still behaving like a 15 years old child .she yells.mutum ba'a bin da yasani se bacci
She's even surprised , she is being a bit more lenient today compared to most days. Usually, she would have already barged into her room, a jug filled to the brim with freezing water in hand, and gladly dumped it onto her sleeping body. Then, the long-winded lecture would have begun

Are you even listening to me right now? We should have already been on our way now."You know your father hates waiting and also our flight." Her mother saunters towards the doors of her room I expect you to be through in the next 10 minutes. Don't keep us waiting long." With one final glare, her mother leave slamming the door behind her. Flinching at the sound, She tug at her messy and dark hair and sigh."

She knows definitely is her fault her mother kept on warning her to get ready early despite her brother promotion  is taking place today in Abuja he will be promoted to D.C.P ."but her being her, sleeping is just a hobby that can never change  and can't get rid of she likes sleeping a lot."and right now she even forget to call office and told them that she'll not be coming today."

she took her bath with a warm water as she finally slid out from bathroom rubbing her cream."brought out her makeup kits."as she settled down on the vanity chair she take the moisturizer and warm it up between the palms of her hands and then massage it into her face with circular motions. she applied a light makeup which matches with her skin."she walk to her closest And rummage for an appropriate dress."A black pearl beaded abaya she thought paired with a black stiletto Gucci heels  and mk  bag. .she slip into her peach camisole ."then slid her abaya atop." Masha Allah." Her phone that's in her hand decided to ring she smile blindly at the screen before she answered the call."and placed her iphone 12 pro to her ear."