Chapter 21

For me, becoming isn't about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn't end." —Michelle Obama

**********

Khalifa , pulled up to the makeup studio in his sleek black Mercedes . He looked up at the building and wondered how long it would take for her to come down.leaning against the car seat as he watch the silent street through tinted window. It's a quiet, residential area, with only a few cars passing by every so often. a gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the trees lining the sidewalk.he's taking her to the kamu venue, which might be a new experience for him because he usually only does this for Safna, not even Ilham. He wants to make things comfortable between them. Instead of joining the groomsmen at the kamu venue, he decided to pick her up from the makeup studio and take her there himself.

Looking at his wrist watch it's almost 3:35pm almost time for asr and he's still waiting for her hearing the call of the azan he unplugged his phone from charge and dial her number Assalam alaikum he exclaimed the moment she picked up the call.
"Wa'alaikumu salam I'm so sorry I'll be done in jiffy she plead.

It's alright take your time I'm running a little late for prayers- there's a nearby mosque and I'm going to pray asr here I'll call you as soon as I'm done.

Alright  remember to make dua for all of us!"

"Insha Allah baby na you know I always do,"he  Stated  with a smile in his voice. "Talk to you soon."he ended the call.finding a right spot to park his car.he removed his zannah cap keeping it on the dash board.and got out of the car, He walked to the nearby mosque, he performed ablution as he  took off his shoes and entered the prayer hall, where a few other men were already praying. He find a spot at the back of the room and began to pray.

He get back into his car after a few minutes she approached the car, she smiled at him . "Assalama alaikum ," How long have you been waiting?"

"Not long at all,"he  replied. "I'm just happy to see you."

She blushed a little and climbed into the car. "You're such a sweet talker,"Ina wuni

"Lafiya qlau baby I'm not sweet talking, I'm just stating facts,"he  stated . "I mean, look at you - you look like you're ready for the cover of a magazine. What, did you get ready for the paparazzi?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're ridiculous, you know that?" . "And besides, I got ready for you, not the paparazzi."

"Ah, you flatter me," yarinya nan akwai iya soyaya he stated with a grin. "I'm just happy to have such "but I'm little worried please don't dance out there he plead but you can dance for me only you know,but I don't want so see other men's staring at you.

She blushed and fidgeted with her fingers, he clearly sound a bit jealous. "You don't have to worry about that," she finally spoke, her voice calm and reassuring.

"I trust you," he whispered huskily, his words filled with sincerity. "So, when will you take me to greet mommy? I've already met Jamal, and now I want to see Aiyra."

"Whenever you're ready, you can meet them," she replied warmly.

"Insha Allah, I'll make sure it happens before I leave tomorrow."he admired her henna, exclaiming, "Wollahi, it looks so beautiful! I've never seen henna that looks better than this. Or maybe it's because you're fair, I don't know."

"Ussy, please," she chuckled softly. "You're even fairer than me. And speaking of henna, Safna's henna skills are on another level. You've definitely seen her with henna, with all that sweet talking of yours."

He chuckled in response. "Believe me, baby, when I say this, yours is different. Truly."

Curiosity got the better of her, and she asked, looking at his side face with admiration for his well-trimmed beard, "Can I ask you something now? I just discovered that you have two accounts on Instagram. Is that true?"

He chuckled again, "That's true. One is private, and the other one isn't. But to be honest, I don't post much on either account."

"But I saw a post on the other account," she persisted, "and you even refused to accept my follow request."

He laughed, playfully admitting, "That's because I didn't want you to see my ugly pictures. It's actually an old post."

Understanding his reasoning, she nodded her head and picked up her phone to continue capturing her vlog. In the vlog, she made sure to include his hands while he's driving, capturing everything that she wants.

Goldenbird Marquee and Event Center Abuja is the location of the kamu the place Is a sight to behold. The area has been transformed into a magical space, with colorful lanterns hanging from the ceiling and beautiful floral arrangements lining the walls. The decorations were a mix of traditional Hausa and modern styles, creating a unique and stunning atmosphere. The stage is decorated with intricate designs, and the dance floor is set up in the center of the room.

The guests are dressed in their finest clothes, and the atmosphere is filled with excitement and anticipation. a group of drummers can clearly be seen their hands moving so fast that they were a blur beating the drum ,The beat is infectious, It's truly a sight to behold! The drummers are followed by a group of traditional dancers, who whirled and twirled around the room. Their costumes are  vibrant and their movements is mesmerizing.

Outside the event center, sadeeq  friends are gathered around their luxury cars, waiting for their his arrival . They are dressed in their sky blue kaftan which is their dressing code, looking every bit the part of successful young men. Their cars are  shining in the sunlight, each one more impressive than the last. A sleek Mercedes-Benz, a flashy Lamborghini, and a classic Rolls-Royce were just a few of the cars parked outside. They are talking and laughing.

He parked his car in the parking space the sound of the music playing reaches them he leaned back on the car seat, looking at her. "Wollahi habibty, you look beautiful," he whispered, his voice so low.

"Thank you," she replied back, smiling. He nodded his head as he watched her try to step outside the car, but she peeked her head back in, looking at him.

"What happened?" he questioned, gazing at her.

"Don't look at those girls too much," she exclaimed, leaving the place immediately. He chuckled, thinking that if only she knew that girls are not his thing. He took a deep breath, picked up his phone, and finally stepped out of the car.

He went to the groomsmen's side, mostly some of them being their polo members. Not too long after, Sadeeq's car arrived at the place.

As she walked slowly towards the event hall,she's dress in a stunning, floor-length gown made of a bright orange silk fabric. The gown is adorned with intricate beading and gold lace, giving it a luxurious and regal feel. The bodice is fitted, with a sweetheart neckline, and the sleeves is long and flowing. Her jewelry is simple, but elegant, with gold earrings and a delicate necklace.her makeup is simple but elegant, with a touch of color on her lips and a subtle shimmer on her eye.her phone buzzed with a ringing sound from Ihsan. She knows it's because she has not  seen her yet. She's about to pick up the call when she heard a cool, manly familiar voice call her "Barbie"...

Hey everyone, how's it going? How's the fasting? I hope it's going great, Alhamdulillah. The weather is a bit cooler today, despite the rain yesterday.

I wanted to give you all an update since yesterday, but I don't know what happened to MTN. Their network was so bad that I felt like breaking my sim card.

So, who do you think that cool, manly voice could be? Any guesses? Come on, it's easy!

So khalifa can be a bit romantic soyaya dadi ah ah 🫢🥹😂

Let me know your thoughts in the comments section. Don't forget to vote and leave some comments, please. I'm begging you! 🥹😂

Love you all
Ummeetarh05