Chapter 35

When you change your thoughts, remember to also change your world." —Norman Vincent Peale

**************

"She woke up feeling like a ray of sunshine, her excitement barely containable. The sparkle in her eyes couldn't be hidden, even if she tried. Today is the day she will start a new life with Khalifa, the man who has captured her heart. She felt like a dreamer finally waking up to reality, her soul soaring with anticipation. As she began to prepare for the new chapter ahead, her heart raced with joy, her thoughts filled with visions of the future she and Khalifa would build together.

"Although she's excited, she can't help but feel a little scared about living with Ilham in the same house. She wonders how Ilham will treat her now, knowing that she can't even tolerate her. Ilham has a reputation for being cruel, and she is worried about how she'll manage to deal with her."

Sitting in front of the mirror, she gazed at her reflection in the vanity chair. The skilled makeup artist from Abuja, Genovebeauty, is putting the finishing touches on her face. With a final spritz of setting spray, her features are transformed.

Her eyes sparkled with a touch of shimmering eyeshadow, her skin glowed with a radiant foundation, and her lips shine with a subtle sheen, accentuated by a soft pink lipstick that added a pop of color to her natural beauty.  She looked absolutely stunning, a true vision of beauty and elegance. The makeup artist stepped back, admiring her handiwork, and Shaheedah can't help but smile at her own reflection. She felt like a radiant bride, ready to take on the day and start her new life.

"Her golden earrings and necklace sparkled against her peach laffaya, which is adorned with shimmering stones. 'You look absolutely beautiful in your bridal finery,' Ussy's wife, Ihman, exclaimed, hugging her from behind.

Shaheedah blushed, knowing that in just a few minutes, she would be called Khalifa's bride. 'I'll count how many times you blush, shameless bride!' Hafsat teased, chuckling.

Why should I frown when I'm marrying my beloved Ussy?' Shaheedah replied with a smile. '

wait let me snap you hafsat said snapping a photo of Shaheedah's radiant face. The camera flashes and social media posts continued, with the videographers capturing every moment of the event. The wedding account, 'U&S Forever,' has gained a significant following, with many eagerly awaiting the union of the loving couple."

"Outside the mosque, a crowd has gathered, while inside, the congregation is comprised of prominent and distinguished individuals. The Imam requested the presence of Wakilin Amarya and Wakilin Ango, at which point Shaheedah's uncle took his seats on the mat followed by uncle Naseer, who sat at the front of the mat in a position of honor.

The Imam then announced, 'I present to you Muhammad Yusuf Yarima, Wakilin Amarya, and Naseer Aminu Zannah, Wakilin Ango, by the grace of God.'

Naseer Aminu Zannah  then spoke, 'I seek your blessing and consent to unite my son, Usman Abdullahi Bukar, in marriage to your daughter, Shaheedah kabeer yarima, with a dowry of 200,000 naira.'

Muhammad Yusuf Yarima responded, 'I accept this union and give my daughter, Shaheedah, to your son, Usman Abdullahi Bukar, with the agreed dowry of 200,000 naira.'"

"The Imam cleared his throat, 'It is the duty of marriage to provide Shaheedah with financial rights, including food, drink, clothing, and other basic needs. And now, she is under the care of Usman.' The Imam announced, 'Mutane su Shaida!'Let's recite Fatiha! After the recitation, the Imam continued, '

"AN DAURA AUREN USMAN ABDULLAHI BUKAR DA AMARYAR SA SHAHEEDAH KABEER YARIMA AKAN SADAKI DUBU DARI BIYU ALLAH YA BASU ZAMAN LAFIYA DA ZURI'A DAYIBBA"

Khalifa, dressed in his white kaftan with a matching cap, complemented his outfit with a Patek Philippe wristwatch.,he's feeling like he's living a dream. He never thought he'd cross paths with Shaheedah, but life has a way of bringing people together in unexpected ways. 'You never know when you'll meet the love of your life,' he thought, 'it could be a chance encounter at the grocery store or a connection made on social media. And before you know it, you're in love and building a life together.'

"With his eyes closed, Khalifa felt a deep sense of peace, relief, and mixed emotions that he couldn't quite put into words. He's overcome with sentimental happiness, a feeling that's vastly different from his marriage to Ilham. Without even realizing it, he found himself performing the sujood shukr in the mosque, his lips moving in gratitude as he whispered, 'Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah' three times. It's a moment of pure joy and thankfulness, a surrender to the blessings that has brought him and Shaheedah together."

"As they emerged from the mosque, congratulations poured in from all directions. The lively sound of traditional trumpets, known as kirari, filled the air, creating a joyful atmosphere. 'Ango na Shaheedah, an gaishe ka! An daura ango a wajen Shaheedah tu. Taka wanka lafiya sabon ango!' Khalifa chuckled as he handed out money to the trumpeters.

The lively yodeling outside signaled to Shaheedah that the wedding ceremony has been completed. Overcome with emotion, she felt tears of joy and a hint of apprehension about her new life after marriage slipping down her cheeks. Alhamdulillah' escaped her lips as she thinks of leaving her family and old life behind. She's about to start a new chapter with a new family. Matar Ussy Ihman says as the others congratulated her with warm hugs from behind, 'Happy tears, my love!Congratulations,fadeela and the others echoed.'

Her phone shrilled with ringing, and Ihsan handed it to her. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw his name on the screen - he is now her husband, officially. With a deep breath, she picked up the phone and pressed it to her ear. They both exhaled in relief, their hearts beating as one, connected in a way that transcended words.

"Assalamu alaikum, baby," he said, his voice cold and detached, yet sending her heart racing once again.

"Wa'alaikumu salam Ina wuni.'she greeted him, her soft smile dancing on her lips.

"Lafiya qlau It's official, baby. An daura Allah ya bamu zaman lafiya. I love you so much, and congratulations to us," his husky voice sending shivers down her spine.

"Ameen, ya Rabbi, jazakhallahu khair. I love you too," she spoke calmly and gently, her voice a soothing balm to his soul.

"I'm on my way, okay? Please don't cry too much and spoil the makeup before I arrive, promise?" he asked, his concern for her evident in his tone.

"I promise, baby, insha Allah," she replied, hanging up the call with a smile mixed with laughter sparkling in her eyes. She loved this guy like crazy - how can she not adore his calmness and gentleness? His personality is a breath of fresh air, unlike any other guy she had met.

Her Ussy is now her husband, and she can't wait to lay eyes on him again. FaceTime is no substitute for the real thing, The wait is almost over, and she's eager to start their new life together.....