Chapter 50

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." — Steve Jobs

************

Few months later...
"She's sitting in the palour with a stretch legs while he massage ,shaheedah  squeezed her face the contractions are getting closer together," she exclaim , her voice strained with pain. "I think it's time to go to the hospital."

His heart raced with anxiety, but he tried to remain calm for her sake. "Okay, let's go," he gently help her up from the couch.

they made their way to the car, he tried to reassure her, speaking softly and encouragingly. "You're doing great, baby. We're almost there." She nodded, her eyes closed, focusing on her breathing.

Once they arrived at the hospital, he helped her into a wheelchair and rushed her to the labor and delivery ward. The nurses quickly took over, assessing her condition and preparing her for delivery.

He  paced anxiously in the waiting room, his mind racing with thoughts of the impending arrival of their baby. He can't wait to hold his little one in his arms and meet the new addition to their family.

Finally, the doctor emerged with a smile.
Congratulations, Usman! You're a father!" the doctor exclaimed, beaming with a smile. "The baby is doing great."

His  heart sank in his chest a million times. "And what about my wife?" he questioned, his voice laced with tension. "What about the mother?"

The doctor's expression turned serious. "She's fine, but she's in a very difficult situation," she replied, her voice measured. "The delivery is complicated, and she's lost a lot of blood. We're doing everything we can to stabilize her...".

His  eyes widened in alarm, his mind racing with worst-case scenarios. He felt like his world is crumbling around him.!but we need to monitor her closely for the next 24 hours," the doctor continued. "We'll do everything we can to ensure her recovery, but I need to prepare you for the possibility of complications."

He can't lose her, not now, not ever. he has to stay strong for her, for their baby, and for himself. Can I see her?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

The doctor nodded. "Yes, but please, be prepared. She's weak, and we're still monitoring her closely."

He nodded, his heart heavy with worry. He followed the doctor to the ward  his mind racing with thoughts and fears. As he entered the room, he saw her  lying in the bed, looking pale and fragile. He rushed to her side, taking her hand in his.

"Heedah ,  he whispered, his voice cracking with emotion. "Please, come back to me. Our baby needs you, I need you."

Her eyes flickered open, and she smiled weakly. "I'm here, Ussy don't cry she whispered. "I'm not going anywhere."

His  eyes welled up with tears as he hold  her hand, praying for her recovery, praying for their future together.he hasn't even call home telling them about the delivery as he didn't even see the baby yet,after like about an hours when her breath become steady
His heart soared with hope. Maybe, just maybe, they would get through this after all.

Finally, the doctor came in with a smile.
"She's stable," but we're  going to keep her here for a few more days, but I think she's going to be okay."

A  wave of relief wash over him. He hugged her  tight, tears of joy streaming down his face. "Thank you, Allah," he whispered. "Thank you for sparing her life."I'll make a call,he walk out from the room calling family members despite he knows shaheedah already told her family her due dates he knows they're definitely on their way.

His  heart swelled with joy as he rushed back into the delivery room as he entered the delivery room, he is struck by the sight of Shaheeda, radiant and exhausted, holding their tiny newborn in her arms. With a soft smile on his face.

"The baby...our baby...is so beautiful," she whispered, her eyes shining with happiness.

He gazed at their little one, taking in the tiny features, the delicate fingers and toes, and the soft, gentle cry. He felt his heart expand with love and gratitude.

"We did it, baby ," he whispered, his voice trembling with emotion. "We created this perfect little being."

She smiled, her eyes locked on their baby. "We sure did, Ussy . And we're going to be amazing parents."

they gazed at their newborn, Khalifa knows that this moment is just the beginning of an incredible journey one filled with laughter, tears, and unconditional love.

The nurse handed him a small bundle of joy, and he cradled his newborn in his arms, feeling a sense of pride and responsibility wash over him. He gazed into the baby's eyes, and the little one stared back, as if trying to communicate some ancient wisdom.

"Congratulations, you have a beautiful baby boy!"

He  hold  his newborn baby , his eyes met Shaheeda's, and they shared a moment of pure joy. Their families, who has been waiting anxiously outside, burst into the delivery room, eager to meet the new addition.

Hajiya Aisha, and Safna are the first to reach him, tears streaming down her face. "Alhamdulillah! My grandson!" Hajiya Aisha exclaimed, showering the baby with kisses.

Shaheeda's mother, followed closely, beaming with pride. "Our little prince has arrived!" she cooed, cuddling the baby.

Shaheeda's father,, nodded in agreement. "Indeed, a precious gift from Allah."

The  family members took turns holding and admiring the baby, they exchanged a grateful glance. They know their son would be surrounded by love and support from both sides of the family.

Shaheeda's voice broke the silence, "ussy , let's make a prayer for him."

Khalifa nodded, and together they recited a gentle prayer, asking Allah to guide and protect "Abdullah", named after khalifa's father .and to bless him with wisdom, kindness, and a heart full of love.they finished, Khalifa kissed his baby  forehead, feeling a deep sense of gratitude and responsibility.

"Alhamdulillah," he whispered, "all praise is due to Allah."

She smiled, her eyes shining with happiness. "Our little family is complete now."

He smiled back, knowing that this is  just the beginning of an incredible journey together....

Vote
Comment
Share
Umeeetarh05