IX - Old Habits Die Hard

"Love your haters, they're your biggest fans."
- Kanye West

-

"Good morning, Har." Draco mumbled lovingly into Harry's neck.

Harry groaned, "morning? It is two am. It's too early."

"Still the morning," Draco argued.

"Well, it's certainly not a good one." Harry spat playfully. "Why are you up so early, anyway?"

"We did fall asleep at ten in the morning yesterday. That's like," Draco paused to do the math, "fifteen hours of sleep."

"You suck at maths—sixteen hours. But you do make a good point." Harry spoke.

"Hey, don't call me out on my maths skills. It is a sensitive spot." Draco said, faking hurt.

Harry laughed, "as if, Dray. If you are shit at maths, it's okay. I was just taking the piss."

"After all I do for you," Draco spoke sarcastically.

Harry frowned for a moment, taking the comment personally, "sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Harry. It was a joke. If you can take the piss, I can, too." Draco said.

"Fair enough. I'm sorry, some things I take too personally; it's annoying for me, too." Harry explained.

"Stop saying sorry, dear. It's not necessary." Draco spoke.

"Sor...I mean, alright." Harry said, "habit."

Draco smiled, "don't worry about it."

"On a different note, do you want to get up?" Harry asked.

Draco stopped spooning Harry and sat up. Harry did the same.

"Weren't you the one complaining that it was 'too early'?" Draco pointed out.

Harry scoffed, "yes, but I doubt I will be able to go back to sleep now."

Draco nodded, "yeah, let's get up."

Draco swung his legs out of the bed and stood up. He walked to the other side of the bed to help Harry up.

Harry did the same as Draco, and stood.

His world span for a moment, and he winced in pain.

"Alright there? You looked dizzy." Draco asked, holding Harry's hand.

"Haven't eaten in a while, probably why I am dizzy. My stomach hurts, still." Harry informed.

Draco inspected Harry's stomach. The laceration he created seemed to be healing alright—it was starting to scar. The scarring was inevitable, according to Madam Pomfrey.

Draco placed a kiss on the laceration before looking back into Harry's eyes.

Harry chuckled, "what was that for?"

"Just because, my love." Draco spoke as he planted a kiss on Harry's soft lips.

The kiss was very loving, but it got heated quickly. Draco wrapped his arms around Harry's waist while Harry tangled his hands in Draco's hair.