X - The Scars of Human Nature

"A change in bad habits leads to a change in life."
- Jenny Craig

-

His heart promptly dropped to his stomach as he saw the scene before him.

Harry's left arm was doused in blood, his right knuckles were bleeding, too, and the skin was peeling.

Harry's cheeks were tear stained, and his eyes were bloodshot. It was obvious that he had had a breakdown.

There was an odd silence between them before Draco spoke,

"What did you do?"

Out of nowhere, Harry resumed his sobbing. The knife on his arm didn't feel the same as it usually did—it was supposed to bring comfort, peace, something—this time, it made everything worse.

Not being able to hold his own weight anymore, Harry collapsed to his knees, his small frame shaking with tremors.

Immediately, Draco rushed over to him. Forgetting about the boy's injuries for a moment; he wrapped him in a hug.

Harry tensed at first, but then he relaxed into the hug. His breathing was still fast and uneven, but it was beginning to slow and develop a normal pattern. His sobs were diminishing slowly, but his body was still hot, shaky and sweaty.

For five minutes, Harry remained in his boyfriend's embrace. No matter how much pain he was in—either mentally or physically—being with Draco brought a strange type of comfort.

"My love," Draco began, "can I heal your arm? Your hand, maybe?"

Harry shook his head against Draco's chest, "no,"

Draco furrowed his eyebrows, "why not? Surely they need to be attended to."

Harry shook his head again, "I don't want to heal them with magic. I want them to scar, I want them to hurt."

It was the first time Harry was talking to Draco about this topic, and he was grateful for it. No matter how much his heart ached listening to Harry rant, he didn't mind it.

"Harry, I don't understand." Draco spoke.

Harry sniffed, "I know you don't. But I deserve the pain, I deserve it all. Healing them feels like an insult."

Draco pulled away from the hug and gripped Harry's chin tightly, forcing him to look at his eyes.

"Harry James Potter, I don't know how many times I have to say it for you to believe it, but you do not deserve that. Do you know what you deserve? The world. You have been treated like complete and utter shit your whole life, which was through no fault of your own, and you deserve love." Draco explained to Harry, a tear rolling down his own cheek.

Harry was looking into Draco's moon-grey eyes in awe. He didn't notice before, but it was almost like they glistened. Like they glistened with all of Draco's emotions and past memories.

Draco was looking into Harry's emerald-green eyes in fascination. He didn't notice before, but it was almost like they twinkled. Like they twinkled with all of Harry's emotions and past memories.