XVIII - I Wave My Wand and Banish All Hope

"We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken."
-John Green

-

The four of them stumbled back into the Room of Requirement, sneakily passing many students and staff in the hallway.

"Quick thinking, Miss. Granger. Potter's invisibility cloak came in very handy." Severus complimented.

Hermione blushed slightly at the unexpected comment. "Oh, thank you, Sir."

"It's bright in 'ere, Sir." Harry complained as he moved his hands to rub his fuzzy eyes.

"Yes, well. There is not very much I can do about that right now, Potter." Severus spoke with an annoyed tone.

And before anyone could get a word in edgewise, a confused and distressed blond made himself noticeable.

"Who's there?" He asked sceptically, wand pointed at the figures. Ron put his hands up in surrender.

"Ron, what is the matter with you?" Hermione asked.

"What? I don't want him to curse us!" He said honestly.

"You are surrendering. You put your hands up, and you have done nothing wrong..." Hermione said with a scowl.

"Oh, right. Guess I am used to being in those sort of situations." Ron said, now embarrassed.

Harry snorted, still in his delirious state.

"Oh, thank Merlin's hairy foot it's just you guys." Draco exhaled in relief. "I thought it was someone else for a second."

"Yes, well. I do wish it was someone else here instead of myself." Severus admitted.

"Professor, that's not v'ry nice." Harry spoke and laughed.

Ron snorted at Harry's mindless antics.

"Haha, Potter. Hilarious. However, I could not care less." Snape said, annoyed. "Draco, could you help Potter stand, I am getting bored of supporting his weight, no matter how dangerously light he is."

Draco rushed to Harry and held him up by slinging his arm around him. Severus sighed in relief.

"Thank the heavens. One more second holding Potter and I would not have hesitated to drop him. If we were lucky, he would have passed out." Severus complained.

Ron laughed quietly beside Hermione as she glared at the potions master.

"Merlin and Morgana, what happened to you, Harry?" Draco asked curiously and concerned.

"Tommy, the ol' bastard." Harry said with a cringe.

"Voldemort?!" Draco's now confused voice came.

"Yes, it seems that way, Draco. Although, in his current state, Potter has managed to call the most powerful wizard alive Tommy." Severus spoke with a snort of amusement.

"Whatever." Draco dismissed. "How did it happen? I woke up to hear clattering out here and realised that Harry wasn't in bed anymore."

"He got too angry...again." Hermione informed.

Draco sighed, but then noticed something out of the ordinary. "His eye is red. The line, I mean."

"I like the 'olour red. 'Minds me if Gryffindor. But I p'efer green." Harry commented randomly, making Severus chuckle.

"What of Gryffindor loyalty—preferring the colour green, pft." The older man said.

"That is not the issue at hand, Severus." Draco reprimanded Severus. "Tell me what happened."