Just A Cup Of Coffee

"Mr Henry, if I may ask, who is exactly that we are waiting for?" asked Steven while looking at his boss. They both had been waiting for almost ten minutes at the outside of the building. Being a dutiful assistant, he did not dare to leave Henry alone even his boss did ask him to leave.

Henry didn't answered Steven and instead he keep staring at the street nonchalantly. He has a promise that has been made and as he always is, he will keep it. Even though the other party was running late for almost 10 minutes.

Steven wanted to ask again but decline it as soon as he saw Henry's mouth curved a smile. It was a rare sight for serious Henry so Steven was wondering what could be the reason. He looked over and saw a young woman came running towards them. He recognised her. She is the one in the elevator yesterday.

Seeing his boss's mood immediately lightened, he wondered whether there is something between them. But being just a worker, he did not dare to ask further. He kept those questions inside his mind.

"I'm sorry for being late! I missed the bus!" Ariel apologies while panting. He tried to catch some breath after running fast.

Henry just smiled. "It's okay." said Henry. He looked at the young woman who clearly was sweating from the running and feeling bad immediately.

Ariel finally caught his breath and stand straight. "Here, your coat." he handed over the coat that Henry lend him that night.

"Thank you for that night. I'm sorry if I did not recognise you before." Ariel thanked him and apologies again. Henry shook his head.

"You look tired from the running. Wanna grab some coffee?" he asked.

Ariel looked at the man. He looked sincere enough. Ariel wanted to decline the offer but he also didn't had his breakfast and all the running consumed his energy that he felt thirsty all of sudden.

"Well, i didn't want to bother you. Sure enough you have to get back to work."despite being so thirsty, he politely declined the offer.

"Don't be. It's my treat." Henry refused to accept Ariel's answer. He really want to have coffee with the woman as he is kind of attracted to her from the moment he saw her.

Ariel frowned. He is the type that hardly get along with new person. Let alone a stranger like him.

"I promise I won't bite." said Henry, try to  joke. While Steven who hides behind felt embarrassed with such a lame joke his boss told.

"Okay." said Ariel after thinking for a while.

"What?!" Steven was shocked and almost shouted. He could not believe himself that woman can fall with such a lame pickup line.

She must be a very clueless person!

Henry leads the way to a nearby coffee shop while giving the signal to Steven to get lost. Steven understood immediately and disappeared behind the wall. Ariel knew the cafe that Henry showed him since he met Henry in front of his old building. Ariel wondered whether Henry also work inside the building as him. But strangely, he never meet Henry before.

"So, I still didn't get your name." Henry started the conversation after they get their coffee and sit at a table near the glass wall.

Ariel sipped his caramel latte and then he looked at Henry who is still waiting for his answer.

"Leira. My name is Leira." said Ariel. Henry nodded as acknowledgement. He sipped his hot expresso.

Ariel was starting to feel bored. He was feeling awkward sitting face to face with someone unfamiliar.

"About that night. Probably you were too drunk to remember but actually I caught you who was trying to commit a suicide."