The Old Woman

They were walking through the playground when suddenly Daniel stopped his walks. He turned around and leaned against the fence. He took out a cigarette and light it. Ariel was dumbfounded while Daniel calmly inhale his cigarette. He smirked when he noticed Ariel was staring at him with silent.

"Tell me, Ariel. How long did you knew about Lyra's pregnancy?" asked Daniel as he shakes away some of the cigarette ashes.

Ariel sensed danger. He sensed that Daniel is coming at him and by the tone of his question, Ariel knew that Daniel sort of being suspicious about him. Ariel inhaled deeply.

I knew it! He misunderstood the whole thing!

"And tell me, why did she went to your apartment that day?! And why is she crying when she got out?!" asked Daniel again who has started to lose his patient. He came forward and grabbed Ariel by the collar. He gritted his teeth and from the look of his face, he seems about to launch a fist towards Ariel's face.

Ariel grabbed Daniel's hands and snatched it away. He moved backward and coughed a bit. The tighten grasp of Daniel makes him having a bit of difficulty to breath. He cursed in silence.

"Why?" Ariel asked him back.

Daniel stunned. He clenched his fist again and ready to attack.

"Why didn't you asked her?"

He stopped when Ariel asked him again.

"Instead of asking her, you came at me like a mad man and attack me like I am a criminal. Why didn't you asked her yourself?" asked Ariel. His look changed. From dumbfounded to the ones that looked pissed off.

"Did you think I am that dumb to not asked her?" replied Daniel back.

Ariel chuckled. "No, you didn't." Ariel came forward to his friend and leaned over. He whispered his next words, "Because you two has a fight that night and you are having doubt about the baby, isn't it?"

Daniel's eyeballs grew bigger. Ariel smirked as he pulled himself away.

"I tell you what did I know. I knew Lyra is pregnant the moment you two told us about your sudden marriage. Lyra came to my apartment because she was afraid that she would lose you since you left your house the night you two fought. She was crying when she left my apartment because she said I don't understand women." Ariel explained flatly. He suddenly feel exhausted to be trapped inside those two drama.

Daniel left out a deep sigh. He turned to Ariel who is about to walk away. "I love her, man." said Daniel.

Ariel didn't respond to it. Daniel keep on talking. "I don't want to lose her. But the news she told me, makes me realise it took me too long to finally tie the knot with her. I left that night because I was so happy that I went to meet our wedding planner to adjust on some menus. We need to change some of them since it will not suit with Lyra's pregnancy."

"Don't tell me that. Tell them to Lyra." said Ariel then start to walk away. Daniel looked at his friend's back. He smiled. Now he understands why Lyra so pissed off with Ariel.

"Hey, Ariel."Daniel called him. Ariel didn't bother to turn around.

"It's my bachelor party. Should we have some karaoke with some girls?" said Daniel who eventually managed to catch up with Ariel.

Daniel was joking, of course. But he would love to see Ariel's reaction on that.

"Whatever." said Ariel, showing no interest at all. Daniel was disappointed but smiled afterwards. After all, it is the emotionless Ariel.

***
"What took you two so long?" said Max as soon as he saw Daniel walking into the room. He snatched the beer box from Daniel and noticed that Ariel was missing.