Chapter 45

It was an awkward dinner. Ariel suffered silently as the others keep chatting with each others. Despite the delicious meal that Abe prepared, Ariel lost his appetite. He keep quiet and let Ryo answered all the question from the Han couple. Few times the 4 of them laughing about their past and Ariel just could smiled awkwardly. He really wants to kill Ryo at that moment. Ariel really could not understand on why Ryo would revealed such thing to part of his family. Ariel felt that the chances of getting out of the situation just became lower and so did the chance for him to become a man again.

"So, Leira." hearing his name being called, Ariel lifted up his head, "We had heard so much from Ryo." Mrs Han smiled as if she was smiling cynically. Ariel swallowed his saliva.

Mrs Han looked straight into his eyes. "You are such a beauty. Ryo are lucky to have you. And of course so does you. Just look at this handsome man." praised Mrs Han as she laughed. She apparently had too many drinks.

Mrs Han continued again, "Oh, just imagine how our daughters would react if they knew Ryo was here. You know, they have such huge crush to him."

Despite Mr and Mrs Han laughs, Ryo choked on his drink. He coughs while trying to deny the words that Mrs Han just uttered.

"Oh darling. You shouldn't say that to his wife." said Mr Han.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry." said Mrs Han.

"It's - okay." said Ariel. "Glad to hear that." he continued with flat tone.

"Well, I believed that was just something that teenagers would have, isn't it?" said Ida calmly as she cut her steak.

Both Mr and Mrs Han turned to her. They were embarrassed with the sentence. "Yes, that's just silly."

Ariel didn't know whether he should be relieved or confused. Mrs Han took another sip of her wine. "I thought you get engaged to someone else?"

Ariel knew there will be more of questions and snide remarks from them. Ariel hoped that Ryo would help him escape the torturing dinner.

"Oh, yes." said Ryo. After coughing, he calmly lifted up his knife and cuts his steak. "To Rose Wolff."

"Yes, I heard." said Mr Han. Ida seems unbothered and continued eating although she sometimes glare at Mrs Han who was trying to ask Abe for another bottle of wine.

"That must be a blow to your father, then." said Mr Han.

Hearing about his father, everyone including Ariel stopped eating. Every eyes turned to Ryo who tried his best to maintain his composure. "Well, I didn't love her. So I didn't married her." said Ryo calmly.

Ariel was slightly shocked to hear that. He doesn't know Ryo would be so daring to speak out the truth. Ryo suddenly stopped his motion. He looked at everyone and said, "Except for Aunt Ida, Abe and you two, my family haven't know about my marriage. And I hope that this will be our little secret."

Hearing that, instantly Ariel wanted to yell at Ryo and asked him to stop. The more he speaks, the more complicated it would be.

"Well, that is tough." said Mr Han as he turned to look at Ida.

Ida shrugged her shoulders. "I always pray for the best for Ryo. Plus, I haven't speak with my brother for years. So, I don't care." said Ida.

Ariel learned another secret from that family. Mr Han sighed and he looked at his wife. They both smiled before turning to Ryo. "We can keep that as a secret."

"Thank you. As I appreciate everyone's cooperation, why don't we just continue eating?" said Ryo. Everyone agreed. Well except Ariel as he was sunk to the deep thoughts.