Chapter 38

Ryo did offered to accompany Ariel but Ariel declined. He preferred to go by himself to the place that brings back his old traumatic past. Truth is, he needs support but after last night of the very intimate action they had, Ariel decided it would be best. Besides, Ryo seems to be so busy with his new project that he hinted that he might be coming home late than before.

Ariel did wonder why he would reacts to that extend to Ryo's kisses. Maybe it was his woman's genes that got him doing some sort of reactions. That he almost makes unthinkable action with Ryo.

But I'm his wife...

Ariel sighed. They need to go the registrar office in three more days to nullify their marriage and Ariel hoped that Ryo will not forget about it.

Morae seems to know about it...

Ariel frowned. That day at her house, Morae was flustered about him knowing Theo. So that confirmed his theory that Theo also her other victim but why he seems normal. Unlike Ariel who is still having difficult times to adjust, Theo just casually flirted with other women.

"Oh, fuck! He turned into a young man!" said Ariel out loud. He was walking to the level that he supposed to meet someone inside the premise. Ariel determined to get to Theo but the problem is, he needs to get Henry's help.

When he arrived at the room, a nurse has been waiting at the door. She frowned when she saw him.

"Who are you?" asked the nurse. She looked at Ariel up and down repeatedly.

Ariel almost forgot that he is a complete opposite from what his old body used to look like.

"Err-I'm his sister. I mean, Ariel's sister. " said Ariel.

The nurse didn't believed him. She still stared while squinting her eyes. Ariel had to use the ultimate weapon he has and he pulled out the card.

"That's my ID." he showed the card right to her nose.

The nurse adjusted her glasses while reading the details.

"I never knew Ms Paulson has other child."

Ariel chuckled nervously. "Well, I'm sort of the unwanted child."

The nurse sighed. She gave back the card to Ariel. "The reason why we called your brother to come here are because of two things; the bills were lagged behind and-" the nurse sighed then continued, "Ms Paulson has been acting up lately and refused to take her medicine."

Ariel sighed. He admitted that he missed out to pay since last month. "I'm sorry."

The nurse tapped on Ariel's shoulder and said, "Call me if anything happened."

After the nurse left, Ariel took a deep breath and went into the room. His real mother, Camella was sitting at her bed while she was taking out some petals of the roses. She lifted up her head upon hearing Ariel's footsteps.

Ariel expected some gasping from her but he was wrong. Instead of being shock with someone unfamiliar entering her room, his mother frowned. "What took you so long?" she asked.

Ariel was startled with the reaction. His mother put down her roses and stared. "You know how I hate waiting for people." said Camella again.

"Why did you wait for me?"asked Ariel. He approached her bed slowly. His mother scoffed. She looked at him up and down with judgemental stare.

"That useless child must had asked you to come fetch me and get me out of here." said Camella with her usual annoying voice.

Ariel sighed. Just as what he thought. "You are wrong. He didn't send me here to get you out of here." Ariel decided to play along.