Chapter 44

Morning came and Ariel was feeling reluctant to go to work. He was not having good sleep last night. Not after sudden confession from Henry, the tiredness and sore body from cleaning the store. If only there is someone to help massage him.

"It's all your fault!" said Ariel grumpily as he turned to Ryo's picture on the side table.

He grunted and stretched his body. After that he washed up and puts on a clean clothes. The apartment felt more lonely day by day. At this rate, Ariel might think of sleeping over at Ue's. He couldn't believe how much he has changed from being introvert person into someone who surprisingly missed having the presence of another person a.k.a Ryo.

That morning, same as the day before and the day before, he dialled Ryo's number. But it all goes into voicemail. Ariel was feeling hopeless. Ryo is a stupid person who didn't care about others feelings! That is what Ariel said everytime he has failed to reach Ryo.

Ariel sighed when he saw the book store signboard. The nearer he get, the more his chest felt heavy. He was afraid that Henry will be there, apologies for last night's confession. Ariel is not a person who likes to have deep conversation. And he also afraid that Henry will use Ue and Hoshi to get what he wants. Even though, the chances are low but still, who knows what that man could do. Rich people do that all the time, by using their influences.

From a far, there is a silhouette in front of the store. Ue and Hoshi were already inside by the lights seen from outside. Ariel's heart beats faster as he walks closer. Is it Henry? Damn it!

"Rita? What a surprise." even though he was surprised to see her, he was glad that it was not Henry.

Rita, who has been waiting for Ariel in front of the store turned her body around and without answering him, threw her body onto him and hugged him tight.

"Hey-hey, what happened?" asked Ariel, surprised to see Rita acted that way. He patted her back gently.

Rita breaks the hug. Her face was sullen and she was about to cry as she took both Ariel's hands and looked straight into his eyes. Something tells Ariel that it was a bad news. Ariel swallowed his saliva in anticipation.

"It's about Ryo."

****.
All of them waited for Rita to open her mouth as they all watched her. Ariel, who has uneasy feelings since Rita mouthed the words, 'it's about Ryo', keep tugging the end of his blouse. He was anxious as he waits to hear the full story. Earlier, before Rita could tell him the full story, he grabbed her into the store. And asked her to tell the news about Ryo in front of Ue and Hoshi. The reason why Ariel does that because he was afraid that he could not take the news well and something might happened to him.

Rita clears her throat, "Well, there is a commotion today at the building. And that's when I heard about the news." Before she could continues, she looked around her. All three of them waits for her to finish with worried expressions on their face. Rita looked at Ariel, who was silent. His face was about to turn pale. Feeling guilty, she reached over his hands and hold them as a gesture that she was there for him.

"There was an accident happened at their project sites and headquarters could not reached them. And that includes Ryo as one of the staff involved with the sites. Rumours has it that there were fatal accident." said Rita.

"What?!" both Ue and Hoshi shocked with the news. Ue suddenly sobbed while Hoshi turned to Ariel.

"You never told me that Ryo is not here. All these weeks, you had been alone?!" Hoshi asked Ariel sternly. He clearly was frustrated.

All eyes turned to Ariel who is still in silent. His expression was blank."Are you okay?" asked Rita with concern.

Before Ariel could answer, Hoshi speaks first. "You should told us in the first place that you are alone."