Twelve: Welcome To Neon City

I was dizzy.

The Porter 3000? It rang in my head.

He will send Westdale and the whole Island to a new reality. But do you want that? No. Westdale is great the way it is.

Grandpa...

Suddenly, I woke up.

There was a drum roll out of nowhere, and a voice boomed. "CITIZENS OF THE FORMER WESTDALE... WELCOME TO NEON CITY!!"

The Goon's voice echoed around the field thousands of people were standing on. From where I was, I spotted mom and dad, standing safely a few rows ahead of me, and Sabrina and Harvey glancing at each other on the other side.

Neon City? I thought. What?

"Savey!" I shouted, walking over to them and putting my arms around Harvey and Sabrina. "What's up?"

"What's Savey?" Harvey said, turning his eyes from Sabrina to me. 

I giggled. 

"Oh come on," Harvey rolled his eyes. "What's happening?"

"It has to be the Goon," I sighed, my smile fading away.

"Ehem. You may wonder, 'where are we?' Well, you're in Neon City - the new Westdale! Much more advanced, plus the neon lights!"

There was a mix of growl and cheer that filled the air, accompanied by murmurs. 

"What's Neon City? Where are we?" they asked themselves. "What's Westdale?"

"Check it out! And say hi to the new mayor Claud!"

The crowd gasped as a holographic poster of mayor Claud rose to the sky.

"He'll be from now on managing this wonderful Neon City. That's all I have to announce. I'll be now sending you to your homes. See ya!"

There was a loud click and everything went black as everything started to spin again.

Everything was different, literally.

At home, we had robots to take care of the cooking. We had floating chairs and beds - the shower was automatic. 

Flying cars soared high in the air, and Harvey and I rode hoverboards across the roads. 

It was Neon City.

Technology took a leap. A big one.

At night we hovered to the West Stadium for the Westside Bulldogs, our favorite basketball team, to watch a home game.

The street scene was different. Flying cars sped through the air instead of cars ruling the road. Neon lights illuminate the streets surrounded by buildings.

At the stadium, we ordered food from our seats in the middle row, and was immediately delivered by drones. 

"And now for the Northside Clippers, last but not the least... the newly signed Enes Hutchins!" the commenter's voice boomed through the speakers as the crowd cheered on the other side of the stadium.

I winced. Hutchins? Why does he sound so familiar?

The Hutchins guy waved his hands as he joined his teammates at the court.

"Hutchins will make his season debut today... and many fans look forward to the matchup between Westside star Corden and the new Hutchins."

We all watched as the players got in position for the tip-off. Then the ref threw the ball in the air as Hutchins and Corden leaped in the air for the ball.