Eleven: Funeral Night

The Goon knew exactly when we had grandpa's funeral. Which day, which month, which year.

And he used it to his advantage. 

To dominate

When Sabrina told me yesterday that she found the treasure, my heart jumped. That sure got a big deal off my shoulders, but still, I had other mess to deal with. 

Now I'm standing in the burial ground, waiting for the priest to finish his prayer, before we say goodbye to dear grandpa and bury him. 

We were all wearing suits - dad, Harvey, Harvey's dad, me, and a couple more people. It was showering, and the grass was filled with mud. 

 After the priest finished off his prayer with an 'amen', the people started covering the coffin with soil. And while we were just standing there watching, my phone rang. 

It was the Goon. Again. "Meet me at Luxes. Now."

But I had no choice. Things would just get worse if I don't go. 

"But why now?" dad exclaimed. 

"Dad. I need to! It's going to get worse than this if I don't!" I protested, pointing at the coffin.

"What do you mean get worse?" dad said. 

I couldn't explain. Not about the Goon. "Please! I just have to. Now!" 

"Okay! After half an hour. Just you wait." 

Mom walked to me and dad. "What's happening?" she asked, putting her hands on both of us.

Dad humphed. "Alex wants to leave right now when it's... the last moment of dad!" 

I grit my teeth, super annoyed. "No! I'll come back... as soon as possible! I promise!" 

Mom fixed her eyes on me. "Alex! Remember how sad you were when your grandfather died? And now is the last moment you have... technically with him." 

I knew there was no escape. When I couldn't tell them the reason. But if they knew the whole story, sure they'll let me go. 

My phone rang again. I excused myself for a second, then went away under a nearby tree. "They won't allow me!" I shouted. 

"Then send that bughead Harvey. Meet me at the first shed in Luxes." He hung up, and I almost tore my phone into two. 

No, I couldn't send Harvey. What if he was shot?

If it wasn't him who else? 

Sabrina?

She's on the other side of Glenn Island. 

Isabela?

No... poor girl.

Me? How I wish. But I can't. 

Then again, If no one goes, the Goon has a temper, you know, he'll kill. And nothing is worse than that.

So, I had to just roll the dice. "Hey, you free?" I asked Harvey. 

And off Harvey went with my van, to the 'shed' the Goon was saying in Luxes, the nicest village in town. 

I sighed, leaning on the tree. If anything happens to Harvey, I'll sure be dang screwed. That's on me. 

"Tell your father!" Harvey yelled through the phone, my van engine revving in the background. "The Goon wants to rob the bank!" 

"What?!" I shouted. 

"Tell your dad! The one near the stadium!" Harvey frantically exclaimed. 

"Okay! What happened?" I said, walking to dad.