Fourteen: Round Trip

"You alright?" Isabela asked, sitting on the couch next to me.

I shook my head. "Harvey and Sabrina..."

Isabela widened her eyes, taking a sip of her lemonade. "Who's Sabrina?"

"A friend," I sighed, leaning on the backrest. "We saved her back in Westdale when she was about to be kidnapped by the Goon."

"Westdale?" Isabela asked, confused.

"Did you lose your memory too?" I facepalmed, too tired of this crap. "Same old story. The town we lived in... before Neon City."

Isabela's face was blank.

"Never mind, never mind," I groaned, turning away, then looked back at her. "We need a plan to set them free, anyways."

Isabela winced. "Call the cops! Just tell them that Hutchins is an impostor! Goon arrested... and... we all live happily ever after. End of story!"

"No! No don't call the cops! We need to find a way to end him ourselves," I said firmly.

"But why?" she asked, all worried.

"Grandpa... said-"

"Alex, he's dead! Who knows, if he's alive maybe he'd call the cops! Tell your father!" Isabela said, grabbing her phone from the center table. "That's it. I'm calling the cops, and you can have peace of mind, kid."

"No no no!" I shouted, trying to grab her phone from her.

Isabela held it up high. "It's my phone. My right to call them."

"Fine. Your call, your loss," I mumbled, crashing back on the backrest.

Isabela humphed and sighed, but later nodded. "One more sentence." 

I haven't thought of that. What if Isabela was right? Grandpa was dead. Maybe at his time, it wouldn't have made sense to call the police, but now...

I sat up straight. "We can't," I repeated firmly. "Look, if we do, if the cops are alerted about the Goon... they'd arrest him, yes. But the Goon would just escape again like he did last time."

"Who knows? Maybe they're better now!" Isabela protested. "One sentence over. That's two, actually. I'm calling the-"

I raised my hands in the air. "No! Dot dot dot, not to mention another possible shootout, coma, more deaths."

Isabela frowned, leaning her head on her hand.

"How about Westdale? Coma, once the cops get to the Goon's house, they're gonna lock up the house! Dot dot dot, that's just gonna put the Porter 3000 further away from our reach," I coughed.

"Okay, that's it," Isabela said. "By the way your grammar sucks. And I'm really gonna press this call button now. You're talking gibberish."

I straightened up. "You just lost your memory, Isabela."

Isabela humphed, dropping her phone down. "Alright, whatever you say. I won't call the cops, but don't count me in on that plan of yours."

"C'mon," I said. "Remember how Harvey saved that little band of yours?"

"Remember how I saved you and your pathetic best friend from the badass Goon?" Isabela crossed her arms.

I frowned. 

Isabela raised her chin, grinning. "Okay, smartypants. Fine I'll help you poor li'l guy. But under one condition."

I smiled and nodded.

Isabela stood up, walking to the kitchen. "You three... will be officially the new Leftovers members."

I winced. "Including Sabrina? What happened to Piper... and the twins?"