Chapter Two

"Welcome aboard Gremlin Air" Valerie could barely hear the announcement over the chaos the Gremlins were making.

That plus the constant noises the haphazardly put together plane, if one could even call it that, was also making.

She did her best to ignore it though calmly sitting next to Drac while knitting away at a scarf that was at least two meters long.

"Mavis please you're torturing me you know i hate surprises" Dracula said turning to his daughter sitting behind him and Valerie.

"Relax Drac, i'm sure whatever this surprise is it'll be lovely" Valerie said trying to reassure him, despite looking like she would throw up at any point.

"Yeah, this will be a fun surprise" Mavis said.

"There are no fun surprises, just tell me where we're going, why are we on a plane? We can fly you know" Dracula said.

"I can't" Valerie pointed out "Yet" she muttered under her breath.

"Back in my day, people took trains, now that's classy" Vlad, sitting next to Mavis, said.

"Sure dad, forty hours in a closet sized room with you and uncle Bernie and his smelly cigars, arguing who was more attractive Cleopatra or Nefertiti" Dracula said.

 "Oh, Nefertiti" Vlad said leaning back a nostalgic smile on his face.

"Okay dad thank you!" Dracula said before turning away from him.

"Mavis this is such an amazing surprise! I can't wait to spend time with the people i love most but i beg of you, tell me where we're going!" he yelled.

"Nope, i've taken care of everything so you don't need to worry, you've been so stressed out lately, it's time for you to relax" Mavis smiled.

"Val, i leave him in your capable hands" she said just as Valerie was putting her half finished scarf away.

"Okay" Valerie smiled turning to Drac and massaging his feet "Now isn't that better?" she asked.

"Oh yes" Dracula said melting in her hands.

One row over Johnny was nervously looking out the window while Adrian was calmly sitting next to him reading a news paper called 'Underworld News' the front page was all about a recent election down there that had lead to a death match.

"So Adrian" Johnny said trying to strike up a conversation to distract himself, Adrian just hummed in reply.

"You can see when i die right?" Johnny asked "Yes" Adrian simply replied.

"Can you tell me when or how it is?" Johnny asked.

"I can't tell you how, you can die from something stupid like falling into a manhole for all i know, i could tell you when but then i'd have to kill you in seven days" Adrian said offhandedly, focused on the paper.

Johnny shreaked a bit freaked out by that.

"Upside is you'd become a reaper" Adrian added in, although that didn't help Johnny at all.

"So could a reaper Zing?" Johnny asked switching the topic.

Adrian paused and thought about it, before pushing up his glasses and continuing to read "I suppose it's possible, i can't say for sure though since i don't know any reaper that has" he said.

"Okay folks, you're free to move about the cabin as we have started out decent" the captain announced before the plane started plummeting down and tearing apart before finally crashing into the sea.

The plane resurfaced shortly after though "Ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived at our destination the Bermuda Triangle" the gremlin pilot announced.

The Bermuda Triangle was very literal in it's triangle part, being that the tree pointed shape carved a hole in the ocean, and in the middle of that hole was a stack of ships from every era.

The plane fell down the waterfall and came to a stop before everyone departed from the remains and headed up the stack of ships to the top where a fish with feet greeted them.

"Welcome to the Bermuda Triangle, where you'll embark on a monster cruise of a lifetime" the fish said gesturing to the enormous ship sailing closer to them.

"A cruise?!" Dracula asked.

"Surprise!" Mavis said.

"Oh Mavis! What a wonderful surprise!" Valerie gushed hugging the vampiress, who chuckled a bit and hugged back "I knew you'd like it" she said.

"But but, but it's just like a hotel on water" Dracula argued.

"You should feel right at home then" Valerie said braking off the hug with Mavis.

"I just figured you need a vacation from running everyone else's vacation, you've barely been out of the hotel since, well since mom died, even Valerie has only occasionally dragged you out" Mavis said.

"But this is a chance to make new memories with all of us, with Dennis" she added in just as Johnny and Dennis were saying boat while admiring the ship off to the side.

Dracula smiled a little turning to Mavis "Who made you such an amazing daughter?" he asked.

"You" Mavis replied.

Dracula chuckled a bit "That's right, what a father i am" he said proudly before dashing over to Dennis and picking him, placing him on his shoulders "Come on Denisovich let's get cruising!" he said going over to the ship.

"Yay!" Dennis cheered.

Valerie chuckled a bit following them along with Mavis and Johnny, with Adrian and Vlad  trailing behind them, the reaper and the older vampire surprisingly getting along.

~

"Oh my gosh Griffin, i'm like so excited, this is like the nicest hotel i've ever been to" Crystal, Griffin's girlfriend who was also invisible but actually there, said.

"Yeah!" Griffin said in agreement.

Dracula grumbled under his breath, Valerie just giggled at him.

"Man this is amazing! There's so much to do, Olympic-size swimming pool, all you can eat buffet, full service spa, i'm gonna get me a seaweed rewrap!" Murray exclaimed.

"Wow it sounds like everything we can do at our hotel" Dracula pointed out sarcastically.

"Except on the water!" Murray laughed, as a fireworks show started behind them.

"Just lighten up Drac or you'll miss all the fun" Valerie smiled taking his hand.

"You're right, i'll try to relax" Dracula replied smiling back and holding her hand in his.

"That's more like it" Valerie said patting his hand "Now let's enjoy the fireworks" she said focusing on the colorful explosions in the sky.

Just then someone flew above them on a rope hitting Adrian on the head, he barely noticed the hit but his glasses fell with the momentum.

"Great" he grumbled bending down to pick them up but he could barely see past his nose without them so he fumbled on the ground like a blind mole for his glasses.

"Ahoy there!" the person who hit Adrian, a young woman with white hair dressed all in white standing on the ship mast greeted "Welcome aboard" she greeted in several languages even monster growling.

"Who is that?" Murray asked.

"I am captain Ericka, and yes i'm human but don't hold that against me, i could not be more excited to have all of you on board our first ever monster cruise" she greeted to everyone's cheers.

Except Adrian as he was still fumbling for his glasses, without anyone else noticing still, somehow.

"For so long monsters were hiding, living in the shadows but not anymore, you've stood up and waved your hand or claw or tentacle and said "We're here, we're hairy and it is our right to be scary!" Ericka said and once again everyone cheered.

"Now it's time to celebrate! You'll enjoy gourmet dining, thrilling adventures and nonstop entertainment all on the way to our final destination, the lost city that isn't lost anymore Atlantis!" Ericka announced once again to everyone's cheers.