Chapter Nine

"Now that we're all caught up, let's get back to the dying, behold the key to the demise of all monsters" Abraham said before he opened the artifact revealing a scroll inside it.

Then he took out the scroll, unravelled it and placed it on the keyboard's music stand, then he cracked his knuckles and mused to himself before he started playing.

"Listen to the melody of your destruction" Abraham said before fiddling with some button that added bass or something to the song.

Below the water the Kraken awoke to the song before the melody took control of it and it rose out of the water, Abraham paused the melody and smirked before continuing as the Kraken roared.

"Everybody out! Now!" Dracula directed and everyone started running away but the Kraken destroyed the bridge and all monsters were trapped in the stadium, which was being destroyed by the Kraken.

"This has to stop now" Drac said before taking off "Drac! No!" Valerie called after him worriedly, Dracula attempted to fight the Kraken but he just wasn't a match for it at all.

"Dad!" Mavis called going in but was caught in another tentacle "Mavis!" Dracula called.

"Time for the immortal Dracula to die!" Abraham announced.

"Not on my watch!" Adrian yelled turning his scythe to full size, then chopping off the tentacle holding Drac, freeing him.

The Kraken roared in pain and grabbed Adrian wrapping its remaining tentacles around him, squeezing him tighter and tighter and squishing him.

"No!" Ericka yelled jumping out of the DJ clamshell and running up to a tentacle over to Adrian.

"Bob! Help!" Dennis called and Bob took off running the hat falling off of his head revealing Tinkles.

"Tinkles? Dennis" Mavis said turning to her son.

"Oh no, Bob is Tinkles? How did he get here? But thank goodness he did 'cause look!" Dennis pointed out that Tinkles' gave Ericka a lift up the tentacle, bringing her closer to Adrian.

Tinkles jumped sending Ericka flying once they were close enough, she kicked the Kraken in the eye forcing it to release Adrian.

He had gone unconscious and started falling down when Ericka jumped over tackling him and riding down a tentacle then using his scythe to stop them from falling over the edge of a cliff.

"You can't do this, you're wrong about monsters!" Ericka told her great grandfather "Adrian, he saved my life" she explained.

"What? Why would a reaper save a life?!" Abraham asked.

"Because he cares!" Ericka argued before turning to Adrian "I'm so sorry, i was trying to kill Drac this whole time but i've realized how wrong i was, how wrong all of this is and then i, i Zinged" she said smiling.

Adrian smiled back, having just regained consciousness.

""Zing?" What's a Zing?" Abraham asked.

"It's a monster thing, apparently it can happen to reapers too, you wouldn't understand" Ericka said turning to her great grandfather.

"It's like true love" Adrian explained smiling at Ericka.

"Love?!" Abraham raged before he commanded the Kraken to strike them, but just before it hit Adrian got a hold of his scythe and of Ericka and rolled them out of the way, covering them in smoke.

"Well i guess the legacy ends with me, that's an awkward ending" Abraham said.

"Nope! It's time to start a new legacy" Ericka called the smoke settling down around her and Adrian, who was holding her waist with one hand and his scythe in the other.

"A monster-human legacy" Adrian added in pulling Ericka closer looking at her lovingly.

"NO!" Abraham yelled and controlled the Kraken again to hit them but just before it did Adrian cut the tentacle off, the Kraken roared again in pain becoming even more raged.

"Drac!" Johnny said going over to him, and Valerie as she had been sticking close to him since Adrian freed him.

"Van Helsing's beats are controlling the giant octopus thingy, if there's one thing i hate it's an evil DJ, we need positive energy" Johnny said before setting up his DJ stuff.

"Get ready for a DJ battle!" he declared.

"You just carry all of that stuff around with you?" Drac asked referring to the DJ set up.

"Once a bar mitzvah DJ always a bar mitzvah DJ, we're gonna use good music, to defeat his evil music" Johnny replied.

"Good music? With your tastes finding the right one will take forever" Valerie said.

"Let me have a look, Drac you provide the power" she said going over to the laptop and picking a song she had a hunch would work, though personally she wasn't such a big fan of it.

Valerie picked the Macarena "This one" she said stepping back, and Drac used his powers to amplify the good vibes and soon enough everyone, even the Abraham, was dancing the macarena.

Until he fell off the clamshell "No!" Ericka called but Dracula saved her great grandfather, simply because letting him die wouldn't have made him any better then Abraham.

"Why? Why, after everything, would you save my life?" Abraham asked once Dracula had brought him up to safety.

"Because, basically we are all the same, claws or hands, two eyes or three eyes" Dracula trailed off.

"Green skin" added a witch.

"No skin" added a skeleton.

"Prickly" added a spike monster.

"Brainy" added a flying brain.

Tinkles barked adding in.

"Human or not" Adrian added in too, holding Ericka's hand.

"I'm sorry" Abraham simply said giving a sheepish smile before Tinkles slobbered all over him.

"You are amazing" Ericka said turning to Adrian and kissing his cheek, Adrian just chuckled in reply and pulled her closer.

"Look at me, Dennis, look at me, come on you can't deny it" Winnie said leaning on Dennis.

"No! I'm too young to Zing!" Dennis said running off.

"Well, i feel kind of silly now, for decades i have hunted your kind, persecuted you, the only think i can do to make it up to you is give you, uh, a 30% refund" Abraham said but the monsters were not pleased with that.

"Oh alright, full refund" Abraham said and everyone cheered.