Chapter Seven

The ship was sailing away again as the sun rose in the horizon, Ericka was walking down the mostly empty deck as most monsters had taken refuge from the sun, except Wayne and Wanda.

The pair of werewolves have been having the time of their life with their kids in someone else's care and stayed up all night and were going to spend all day up too.

They scampered down the deck passing by Ericka, who had been off in La La Land thinking about her wonderful date with Adrian.

"Ericka!" Abraham said popping out of a tube, scaring her a bit.

"Just where have you been young lady?" Abraham asked.

"Uhm, doing work" Ericka tried making the excuse.

"Wearing that? You were with him, i know it!" Abraham yelled at her.

"Who?" Ericka asked trying to play stupid.

""Who?" You know who, you've been sneaking around my back trying to kill Dracula again, haven't you?" Abraham asked.

"So what if i have? I am a grown woman, i have the right to kill whoever i want, besides the reaper has been interfering" Ericka said crossing her arms.

"What? The reaper has been interfering? Why?" Abraham asked.

"Apparently his sister is dating Dracula, but don't you worry great grandfather i have a new plan, if i could just get Adrian out of the way then i'd be free to kill Dracula" Ericka explained.

"Adrian? Since when has the reaper been Adrian?" Abraham asked.

"Uuh" Erika trailed off but then she heard something coming closer and stuffed Abraham back down the tube and acting nonchalant as Wayne and Wanda ran past her.

~

Later that night the ship was travelling through some thick fog "Everyone assemble on the forward deck, we are arriving at our final destination" an announcement said and everyone started gathering at the bow of the ship.

 "From the depth of creation the mighty city has risen once again, home to the greatest monster civilization the world has ever known, far surpassing Athens and Rome in art, culture and sophistication, i give you the legendary lost city of Atlantis" the announcement said.

The clouds parted and from the sea rose the giant monster, the Kraken, who sang to welcome them to Atlantis.

Once inside remodelled Atlantis, which was basically a giant casino, Valerie, dressed in her regular clothes, pulled Dracula, also dressed like he usually is, with her to play poker, she actually had quite the poker face.

At the table Murray gasped noticing a new accessory on Valerie's finger "IS THAT AN ENGAMENT RING?!" he yelled loudly enough for the whole casino to hear, bringing the attention to the poker table.

"Yes" Valerie simply replied a beaming smile on her face, then Mavis zoomed over, taking her hand and looking at the ring, she then gasped "Holy rabies! Yes! About time dad!" she said turning to her dad.

And soon enough the whole poker table was crowed with people all saying various congratulations to Drac and Valerie.

In the midst of the chaos Adrian, also dressed like he usually is, was the only one to notice Ericka slipping away and he decided to follow her, after giving a quick congrats to his sister of course.

~

Adrian followed Ericka to the construction zone and down some steps and over to a secret passage way, which he saw her open and did the same before following her in.

Then he followed her down a rocky ravine and over to a lake, where he hid and watched what she'd do next, Ericka took off her coat and placed it on the ground before entering a statue's nose and diving down.

Adrian went over to the beach and inspected Ericka's coat, he wondered why she had come all this way before shrugging it off and following her into the water.

Ericka surfaced on and walked up some steps towards an altar of sorts "There it is" she said spotting the artifact she had been looking for.

Adrian silently surfaced right behind her and watched as she stepped on a trap trigger and dashed forward catching the axe that was going to hit her.

"You saved my life, i thought reapers only took lives" Ericka said.

"I believe i've already told you, reapers don't do that anymore" Adrian replied tossing the axe away.

"I guess it just didn't sink in, and that you'd do it for a human" Ericka said.

"Human, monster, they all look the same to me, except you, you're a shining angel" Adrian flirted throwing in a charming but genuine smile.

"You actually mean that" Ericka said only now noticing the sincere look in his eyes.

"Of course" Adrian simply replied, still smiling at her.

Ericka smiled back even if just a little "Wait, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Oh i just thought you would need my help" Adrian said "What are you doing here?" he then asked.

"Oh, uhm, well i'm here to get that" Ericka said gesturing to the artifact at the top of the stairs.

 "Yeah it was lost at sea, and my great grandfather is, was! Was totally obsessed with getting it back, so any who, thanks for saving my life but i can take it from" she trailed off stepping onto another trap.

Adrian again caught the axe headed for her, Ericka chuckled a bit "Gotta be a little more careful, how many times can you save my life right?" she asked.

"Let's see shall we, care to dance with death?" Adrian asked offering her his hand.

Ericka smirked a bit "I do enjoy living on the edge" she said and leapt away intentionally setting off a fire trap but Adrian was quick to lift her out of harms way.

Ericka smiled leaping off and setting another trap, the mechanism launched a statue's spear at her but Adrian grabbed her and twirled her away from, to set off another spear trap before pulling her out of the way of that one.

They continued up the stairs dodging the massive spears, until a new kind of trap set off, one which sent needles flying but Adrian deflected them using his scythe, same with the arrows that launched from the other side.

Then Ericka set off another trap which made a giant mace fall down on the steps which they both barely avoided, she leapt away again leading the way up the steps and Adrian followed.

As a last trap set off sending venomous snakes flying out which Adrian dodged catching up to Ericka and dipping her down as they made it to the top of the steps.

Ericka panted a little looking up at Adrian as he smiled down at her, she noticed his glasses were slipping and fixed them for him "That was incredible" she then said.

Adrian chuckled a bit "Yes it was" he said, the tension started growing between them he leaned down but Ericka leaned back.

"I uh should get the family heirloom" she said looking anywhere except at him.

Adrian sighed a bit pulling her up "You probably should" he said and watched as she climbed up the hand statue and took out the artifact.

"Got it" Ericka chuckled a bit before the fingers on the statue closed and everything started crumbling around them.

Adrian wasted no time grabbing Ericka and dashing out of there as fast as possible and making it to safety just in time.