Chapter 17

Grunting, Araile stood up on shaking and bruised legs.

"That'll never happen" she bit out as blood trickled down her limbs and onto the ground.

Ishimaru gave an evil cackle that made her ears flatten. It sent chills down to her spine and made her stomach muscles clench. Growling, Araile lunged at the demon and aimed a punch towards his abdomen. He stepped to the side, easily dodging her attacks as she alternated from punches to kicks.

She came back with another punch, this time aimed towards Ishimaru's neck. Instead of dodging her attack, he grabbed her hand an inch away from her targeted area.

Smirking, Ishimaru brought his free hand up and rammed his fist into her side, where a particular still-healing scar was located. A loud yelp sounded from her throat as she squirmed, trying to free herself from Ishimaru's grasp. It felt like numerous kunai digging themselves into her skin. Unfortunately, that only caused the demon to tighten his hold on her as he delivered punch after punch to her side and abdomen. Ishimaru finally released her hand and she immediately brought it to her chest, grasping the fabric of her shirt and gasping. Soon, her legs gave out from the pain, and Araile slumped to the ground where she sat there, coughing and gasping for breath.

"Still as weak as before" Ishimaru sighed heavily, and started to walk in the opposite direction.

Gritting her teeth, Araile brought one knee up and then another as she willed her muscles to move. Slowly, she got to her feet and got into one of the fighting positions her brother had taught her.

Hearing the gravel move from behind him, Ishimaru turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Still up for another go my dear? Still as stubborn as before" he laughed, and walked towards her.

As he walked closer to the teen, a sudden sensation washed over her body. Grimacing, she failed to realize that Ishimaru stood before her.

"I suggest you pay attention to your opponent" Ishimaru said as he kicked his foot into her stomach.

Crying out, Araile flew back a few meters into some boxes. Pain laced her body all over as she tried to stand up, but slumped down when her body didn't want to do anymore fighting. The sensation returned, even more powerful then before. Ears flattened against her head, Araile flinched as she began to recognize this sensation. She felt it the last time she changed into a full demon.

"No! I can't let this overcome me! Gotta fight it! Gotta fight" she frantically thought as she managed to stumble from the wreckage.

Ishimaru suddenly appeared behind her and slammed his elbow into her back, causing the teen to slam to her knees.

"I know you're hiding your true power. There is something inside you that is like me: powerful" Ishimaru stated as he walked around her trembling form.

Her muscles began to spasm as her canines began to grow longer. Digging her fingers into the ground, the 14 year old gritted her teeth and willed the change away.

"No! I won't change into that! I won't!" she cried in her mind as another muscle spasm overcame her.

Laughing, Ishimaru watched with glee as her nails began to grow longer and sharper.

"You can't fight it, my dear. Let it embrace you" he hissed as Araile let out a strangled cry, her body twitching and contorting into weird angles.

"No!" she cried as she squeezed her eyes shut from the pain of her full demon form trying to take over.

Ishimaru smirked and brought his leg up to aim a powerful kick at her, but stopped. A furious snarl echoed from down the street, and Ishimaru blinked when a black form squeezed itself between Araile and Ishimaru. It gave a low and angry growl, eyes blazing with hate. Opening one eye, her breathing hitched slightly when she saw her demon companion standing in front of her.