10

_

12am, 1st April Friday 2026.

I open my eyes to feel warmth, and then I saw a figure standing there.

He turns around, I couldn't make out his features since my vision was still blurred. All I could notice was his red eyes.

"Oh, Yanfei. You're finnaly awake."

He says, making me realize who it was.
It was Razor,
Bennetts best friend

I sigh and try sitting up, but felt a splitting pain in my arms and legs then fell down onto the bed.

I groaned and asked,
"Razor.. What happened"
He sighs,
"Eula hit you over the head with a bottle, knocking you out then beat you up. Nothing is broken though. You'll be alright, just get some rest."

_(later..)

Finnaly, I regained the strength to walk and decided to make myself a warm cup of coffee while Razor was gone.
Apparently he was doing "work"

I went to my room and sat on the bed, sipping my coffee until I heard the sound of the front door creaking open.

I peak through the slight gap in my door.

"She's asleep now don't worry, she won't notice you"

"Your gonna have to tell her somehow, I can't hide forever"

My eyes widened and I almost dropped my coffee, but realized I couldn't make a sound. I just silently put down my coffee and slid toward my door.

My gaze fell upon a fornaliar figure, who was slumped on the coach and talking to razor.

She looks so cute
No that's not true

I just stared at the ground still not knowing how to react, but all I knew is that I'm going to have to face reality the hard way.

I open the door, both of them gaze toward me. As I stretched and yawned acting as if I just woke up.

"Yanfei... I can explain"

I widen my eyes and rush to my bedroom, locking the door.

"YANFEI WAIT-"

Razor rushed to my rooms door and attempted to open it. I hid under my bed, the fear was genuine, mainly because I wondered what Hu Tao would do to me. Would she hurt me, or does she just wanna talk.

Suddenly the rooms door unlocks, I close my eyes and brace myself for who might walk in.

Hu tao walks in and closes the door, locking it.  She sits on my bed, knowing that I was underneath it.
"Yanfei, I apologize for everything I've done.. I'm a ba-"

"stop speaking.."

I announced, coming out from under the bed and sitting beside her as I wiped the dust off my shoulders.

"I should apologize....."

Hu Tao seemed puzzled, her expression gave it away, I made eye contact with her.

"I never realized that. You're human, no matter what you've done. We're just the same, scared and lost."

She gazes down,
"But still, I need to be accountable for my actions. I took innocent people's lives out of a rage rampage. Please just hand me into the police at this point."

I sigh, my gaze still on her.
"Look, I'll be honest with you. I'm most likely gonna be arrested as well if I hand you in, so for now, we should just stay clear off police."

I grab hu tao's hand and she smiles then gazes foward.

"I'm still going to need lots of explaining from you though."

I raise an eyebrow and then begin questioning hu tao on every last thing , figuring out things about her alter ego, Ava Rose. Or even figuring out about her fears,

_(the next day)

I was fast asleep on the bed, I barely remembered last night. I woke up to my head throbbing, feeling as if I got some sort of a hangover. I noticed hu tao, asleep, on the floor,

That's weird..Couldn't she take a couch or something..

I walk to the kitchen and grab a glass off water. Gulping it down, to see Razor standing there in the kitchen.

"It's inspection day today, they'll start at 12. It's about an hour from there. I'm sorry but you're gonna have to leave for now. I'll tell you when to come back ."

He explains and I nodd, then go to my room and wake hu tao up.

She mutters something and turns in the other direction. I try again, and then again, and again.

Until eventually, she wakes up and stretches. She seemed confused and gazes at me, her face turns a bright shade of red and she looks away.

"Are you okay? Your face is turning red"

I say, putting my right hand on her for head. Her skin being pretty soft.

_