- 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Third person.

"Detention has ended, you two are free to go." Mr. Li said quite loudly, ending the suffering of Yunmi and Ni-ki. When he closed his laptop, they took it as the cue to close their bags and immediately stood up from their seat.

"Thank you." Yunmi mumbled when she got her phone and quickly made her way out of the door, trailed by Ni-ki.

"Free at last!" Ni-ki sprung his arms free to spin and ran directly out of school, almost forgetting Yunmi if it wasn't for her to catch up.

"Don't leave me, we still have to go to your house." Yunmi said to remind him.

Yunmi should've noticed from the start when they left that the sky was partially darker and cloudy. She should've known better also to always bring an umbrella at all times as she suddenly felt droplets coming from the sky.

"It's raining." Yunmi said, stating the obvious.

"No shit." Ni-ki retorted and both of them fasten their pace on walking.

Unfortunately, the rain caught up faster and had gotten stronger. They had their hoods on but they were still getting wet and stepping on the puddles of water caused it to get inside their shoes.

Stopping by under a waiting shed, they were hoping it stops raining. Their phones are of no use because they surprisingly ran out of batteries. They waited for a few minutes only for the rain to slow down a bit but didn't stop.

"I do not want to stay the night in this waiting shed and die." Yunmi spoke humorously, wiggling each foot to get the water out.

"Let's run?" Ni-ki suggested. Both heads turned to each other, one with a disbelief expression.

"Run?" Yunmi scoffed.

"My house's only... five minutes far away for sure. Plus look, it slowed down a bit? What do you say?" Ni-ki smiled with an eyebrow raised.

"Although, I don't mind leaving you here all by yourself either." Ni-ki furthered to taunt her.

"The worse scenario that could happen next is getting sick, but I'm in?" Yunmi responded skeptically.

They put their hoods on again. Taking each other's hands, Ni-ki pulled Yunmi in the rain which caused the girl to yelp. The rain running down their skin made the both of them shudder yet giggles left their mouth as they continuously ran through the rain.

"Slow down!" Yunmi shouted, slapping his arm.

"It's fun, isn't it!" Ni-ki laughed.

It was as if they were six-year-olds playing in the rain despite being aware they're gonna get scolded once they get home.

Okay, maybe the both of them should've thought about this further before actually doing it. Cause before Ni-ki could press the doorbell of his front door, the door swung open by his mother.

"Nishimura Ri- Oh my! Yunmi!" Mrs. Nishimura's plan to give an hour straight of lecture to her son soon faded away when she saw Yunmi beside him soaking wet, well, both of them.

━━━━━

"Getting detention for the second time is bad enough. Why did you have to make it worse by letting yourself get drenched in the rain?! Why did you not bring an umbrella!" Mrs. Nishimura frustratingly shouted as Ni-ki just came out from a shower, all changed from his uniform.