- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Third person.

Summer began, and there's nothing better to do on a sunny day than going on a trip to the beach. And as they had planned on the bucket list they made right after the last day of school, Ni-ki and Yunmi were finally going to the beach together themselves.

"I'm off to Yunmi's house!" Ni-ki emerged from downstairs. His mom and sister rushed from the rooms to see him, a proud smile spreading across their faces.

"Not bad!" Nari complimented, waving her thumbs up as approval of his outfit.

"Have fun at the beach with Yunmi. Tell her we said hi and she can come over again whenever she wants." Mrs. Nishimura said. Oh, how much she adores the girl. She and Ni-ki are indeed a perfect match.

"I will!" Ni-ki flew a kiss before sprinting out of his house, unable to wait any longer to see Yunmi.

The boy stood in front of her house, wiping out the scowl on his face caused by the heat crawling on his skin. After knocking two times, it was then swiftly opened by the person he missed for not seeing each other yesterday.

"Took you long to get here, don't you think?" Yunmi clicked her tongue, her arms crossed. It wasn't the kind of greet that Ni-ki expected.

"I'm here now, though." Ni-ki replied.

"Ni-ki's here! We'll get going now!" Yunmi yelled for her mom.

"Hi, Ni-ki! Take care of my daughter, hm? Have fun!" Ni-ki heard the shout coming from Yunmi's mother, grinning at the reminder.

"Yes, Mrs. Choi! I'll get her home by seven!" Ni-ki responded determinedly. He held Yunmi's hand as she closed the door behind her.

They wanted to take the train, which added to their excitement for the day. As both of them haven't gone to the subway station in such a long time, getting lost while trying to find their station was merely another thrilling experience.

They stood patiently far from the rail. An empty train arrived and a mob of people flooded to get inside first, blocking others' way. Ni-ki purposely put Yunmi in front of him and wrapped his arms on her shoulders to secure her. They were able to find seats at least, avoiding the risk of having to stand up for half an hour.

To keep them both away from other people's business, Ni-ki brought his earphones and offered for them to share, to which Yunmi happily did even though she has own in her bag. Ni-ki specifically chose the playlist that they made for each other. Yunmi aimed her best to stay awake for the whole train ride but just failed to do so as her head eventually laid on Ni-ki's shoulder and dozed off.

━━━━━

The short waves of the sea greeted the two of them as soon as their toes reached the sand. Strangely, there was nobody there with them, having the beach all to themselves. They put down their things caring less about their bags thrown in the sand.

Yunmi immediately removed her sandals and ran heavy steps toward the water. She watched as it flowed past her feet and get sprinkled by the water, trickling down on her.

Turning around to have Ni-ki join her, she was stopped in her tracks when a pit of sand was thrown directly at her like snow. She stared deadly at the culprit who laughed in a mocking manner.

"You prick!" She shouted. Ni-ki laughed and knew it was time for him to run.

It was supposed to be the girl chasing him around and letting him pay for what he'd done, not the other way around. Yunmi hopelessly ran as fast as she could from him, stumbling across the sand numerous times. She screeched when Ni-ki was one step close to her and felt a strong grip on her waist preventing her to escape.