EPILOGUE

PORTLAND, OREGON, USA.

"You promised to enjoy the day but you're being so boring. Why are you killing our joy? It's your fucking party." Chris Ross, one of Aman's friend commented with a sharp voice courtesy of the liquor he's been wadding his system with.

Aman brushed him off and went to the bar to lean on it, he asked the bartender to mix drinks for him so he can cool down. It's been a month since his return and in two months time, the FIFA World Cup is going to take place which means they are being pushed to their max by their coach because he wants nothing but the best and doesn't tolerate laziness. Aman could feel it in his bones that he's changed too, he is not too into the game like the coach had said. And that's true but only he knew the reason why. Mahnoor.

He sighed again, twirled the glass cup in his hand then took quick swallow before asking the bartender to add some more for him, which he did. A party is being thrown for him to celebrate his return, he declined the offer but his friends are party mongers so they forced the coach to make it happen in one of the most luxurious hotels in the country. He can see most of his friends mingling around with other teammates, a few guests not from their circle and media here and there with other celebrities that wanted to join.

All the teammates were asked to come with their plus one, half of them are married while the others brought their girlfriends or just anyone. He can see a few popular musicians, models, actors and so on. The whole party doesn't make sense to him, all he wants to do is go hide somewhere and drink more liquor into his system like Chris Ross but he remembered that he is not supposed to be drinking at all so he stood and watched as everyone mingled around with their partner or their friends.

Na'im waltzed towards him with his wife in his arms, he managed a polite smile. He is still in his right state of mind, senses intact and not at all tipsy. Na'im got married to the love of his life named Ikram who happens to be just the perfect match for him with her small stature, innocent eyes and dazzling smile. She stopped right around his shoulders with her high heels of several inches on, that's how small she is which reminds him of Mahnoor. He swallowed harshly, his eyes burning as he turned away to clear away his emotions and welcome them.

Like everyone else in the room, they are wearing black and white as the party's theme. Na'im having on wide notched suit, matching trousers but white crisp shirt beneath just like his own only that his suit is peak collared. His wife beside him is wearing a sable shirt dress that reached down the floor, leaving her dark soot pumps in view but the buttons on the gown are white.

"The party guy. What are you doing here all alone?" Na'im went ahead to give him that manly hug he's hated but slowly got used to. "I hope you are not taking the liquor?" He whispered in his ear before pulling away, his eyes scrutinizing him.

Aman refused to answer so he yawed his attention to Ikram who started a hearty conversation with him like always. Aman sighed, he doesn't want to explain himself to his friend and if he uses his wife as the distraction, Na'im must calm down and drop the topic till later. He hasn't smelled liquor since his return but today, something happened that he couldn't stop himself. Shit, he is slowly failing her. Maybe she knew this would happen and that is why she left.

"Do you think I look okay? He won't freak out and leave me alone there humiliated and embarrassed?" Mahnoor asked, staring at herself at the floor length mirror, she looks good, resplendent even.

"Never. Just go there and do as we planned, make me proud." Azima pushed her through the door with a thumbs up.

Azima now lives with her in her small house in Austria but Mahnoor wouldn't stop talking about Aman and stalking every piece of information about him. Azima got tired and tracked him down then came to the party that's taking place today. She managed to talk to one of his friends Malik, she knows him from her own personal stalking and he was more than glad to help them as long as Mahnoor is willing to go back to Aman. He's assured them he also likes her and things are going to go smoothly, she is holding onto that hope.