2.

After giving it some thought, Sage decided to go to the scrimmage.

"You made it!" Danny smiled, jogging over to him.

"Yeah, I did." Sage answered, he didn't like people and he's never had friends so this was really awkward for him. "Are you watching or..?"

Sage was pulled out of his thoughts by Danny's voice.

"Uh, yeah. I'm just gonna watch, good luck though." He said, smiling softly.

Danny felt his heart skip as they locked eyes. He didn't realize Sage had left to sit down in the bleachers until the wind hit his face.

"Thanks." He whispered to himself.

Sage however, was struggling to find a seat.

Lydia noticed this and moved over. "You can sit next to me." She offered. Sage was about to accept but hesitated once he saw Allison. "Uh-"

"It's about to start, you should sit."

Reluctantly, Sage sat down next to the girl.

"I'm Lydia." She said, offering her hand.

"Sage." He said, shaking her hand.

"Oh hey, aren't you in my first period? You're new too, right?" Allison asked. Sage just nodded.

Sage tried his best to ignore Allison by keeping his eyes on Danny, but it didn't work.

"How was school?" Dahlia asked, glancing at her son in the backseat. "He has another kid." He said.

Dahlia's face went pale as she pretended to be oblivious. "Who?"

"Dad."

"Did you talk to them?" She asked.

"No, and I don't want too. She talked to me though."

"Did you make any friends?"

"I met this one guy." The teen said, smiling at the thought. "Oh? What's his name?"

"Danny." Sage answered.

The two sat in silence until the car stopped in front of their old house. "You're back!" Elvira smiled.

Sage looked at her in confusion.

"And you're smiling?"

"Beckett called!" She said.

Sage caught Danny watching him from the stands.

The Hale sent him an awkward smile that showed his teeth.

Danny laughed and smiled back.

Sage tried not to think about Beckett or Allison, but it was impossible. "You got a question McCall?"

Sage looked up as Coach talked loudly to Scott.

"What?" The teen asked. "You raised your hand."

"Oh, no I was just-uh nothing. Sorry."

Coach nodded and looked at the rest of the team.

"All right, you know how this goes. If you don't make the cut, you're most likely warming the bench for the rest of the season." He started.

"But make the cut and you play, you're parents are proud, you're girlfriend loves you! Everything else is cream cheese, now show me what you've got!"

Coach blew the whistle, starting the game.

Everything was brutal and quick.

The ball speeds past Scott and Jackson runs after him. Coach blew his whistle one last time, halting the game when Scott tripped and fell to the ground.