4.

"Derek!" Scott yells. "Derek!"

Dahlia, Elvira, and Sage look up. "What did you do?"

"I may have threatened him."

Dahlia groans. "For god's sake, Derek!"

Derek walks outside and stands on the porch.

"Stay away from her! She doesn't know anything!"

"Yeah? What if she does? You think your little buddy Stiles can just google werewolves and now you've got all the answers, is that it?" He asks.

"You don't get it yet, Scott, but I'm looking out for you. Think about what can happen, you're out on the field, the aggression takes over and you shift in front of everyone!" Derek scoops up Scott's lacrosse stick.

"Your mom, all your friends..and when they see you, everything falls apart."

"Stop trying to be intimidating!" Elvira says when Derek walks back inside.

The next day, a squad car is parked outside of the old Hale house. Scott leans on Stiles' jeep as Derek and Dahlia are walked out in handcuffs.

Sage stares sadly at his mother while holding Elvira, she shifted back into a cat. Calliope wraps her arm around him. Dahlia and Derek glare at Scott.

Elvira turns her head towards Laura's grave and yowls. "Don't even think about it." Lio whispers.

The officer puts them into the car and walks away.

"I hate children." Dahlia mutters.

Derek smirked.

"Yet, you decided to have two of them."

"Technically I have three since I became your legal guardian." She countered.

Derek looked away from her when Stiles entered the car. "Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you."

Dahlia and Derek share a look before glaring at Stiles. "Okay. Maybe I am? Doesn't matter!"

"I just wanna know something, the girl you killed. She was a werewolf, she was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean she can turn herself into an actual wolf!"

"And I know Scott can't do that..is that why you killed her?" He asks.

Dahlia growls and flashes her eyes.

"Why are you so worried about us when it's your friend who's the problem? When he shifts on the field what do you think they're gonna do? Huh?"

"Just keep cheering him on?" She adds.

"We can't stop him from playing but maybe you can." Derek says, leaning forward. "And trust me."

"You'll want too."

"Which one's Danny?" Lio asks, sitting down next to Sage. Elvira was on the other side of her.

"Number six." He says. Danny locks eyes with Sage.

Sage smiles and gives him a thumbs up, Danny shakes his head and laughs. "What?"

"I thought you didn't like people." Elvira says.

"He's different." Sage answered before looking around. He felt someone staring at him.

He stopped and looked back at the field. The game started. "You watching Scott?"

"Yeah."

As the game went on, Elvira grew tense.

"Thirty seven just told the team not to pass the ball to Scott." She says. "What?"

Sage takes his eyes away from Danny and sees Scott's eyes glowing. Scott looked at him and ran off.

"What's happening?" Lio whispered.

"I don't know.."

Sage listened to Scott's breathing.

"He's trying not to shift." He says before pausing.

"What is it?"

"Which one is Scott again?" His dad asks.

"Number eleven." Lydia answered. "Also known as the only one who hasn't caught a single ball this entire game." She added.

"I hope he's okay." Allison says.

"I hope we're okay, we need to win this."

Sage turns to look behind him and locks eyes with Chris.

"Sage?" Elvira whispers. "Sage?!"

Chris just stares at him in anger until his view is blocked by the crowd jumping up in excitement.

"Who were you looking at?"

"Nobody." He whispered, his blue eyes scanned the team for his only friend. "It was nobody."

When Scott throws the next ball, it rips through the goalie's pocket. "Shit! His eyes!"

Sage tilts his head. "Scott, no!"

The two Hales sighed in relief when the timer stopped. The Cyclones had won. "Yeah!"

"I'll go warm up the car." Lio says.

Elvira and Sage run onto the field, well, more like Sage runs onto the field. He goes straight to Danny.

"Did you see that?!"

"Yeah! I'm so proud of you! You guys won!"

Danny blushes and looks away. "I'm just a goalie, Sage." He says.

"Exactly! You have the most important job."

Sage gives Danny an awkward smile that showed his teeth.

Danny laughs. "You don't smile much, do you?"

Sage shakes his head and grins. "Nope."

"Lio's waiting for us." Elvira says, walking up to Sage. Sage looks at her. "Okay."

Elvira looks Danny up and down. "Hm, he looks nice enough." She said. "Vira!"

She hold her hands up defensively. "What?"

Sage scoffs at her. "She your sister?"

"Cousin." He answered. "Um, text you later?"

Danny nods and smiles. "Yeah."

Sage lets out a breath. "Cool."

Elvira drags her cousin away from Danny.

"You're never awkward, it's freaking me out."

Sage glares at her. "Shut up."