Chapter 3

Turing to my left, I look through my dark lashes to find a man starring back at me with a grin while he stands still. The man is around 6'1 or 6'2" with short brown hair that is shaved on the sides and back. He has the most beautiful hazel eyes that I have ever seen, muscular and broad shoulders, and covered in tattoos.

Oh, my, little tiger heart loves tats on people especially men!

"What did you say?" papi asks shocked, just like me, and everyone else in my family.

"He is my mate," the man replies in a gentle tone that shocks me given his size as he smiles at me. "Hello my little tiger, I am Cole Carter, and what is your name?"

"Hello Cole. I am Larkin Vance," I softly reply with a tiny smile.

"Well, now that this has happened, let us fully introduce everyone else," a man says, who looks like an older version of Cole. "I am Alpha Cameron, this is my wife and Luna, Katie."

He then introduces their children, the current Beta and Gamma, along with the future Beta and Gamma. Their other children besides Cole are Kristian, Christopher, and Kyle. The future Beta is Brett Voight, and the future Gamma is Garrett Smith.

We greet them before daddy introduces us, and then saying; "Thank you for accepting us into your pack."

"Welcome to all of you," Luna says with a cheerful smile. "We are having the introduction ceremony at 6 p.m., and a bonfire and dinner to follow. During dinner, you can mingle with the rest of the pack members, and meet everyone."

"Would everyone like a tour of the pack house, and the property?" Alpha Cameron asks, and everyone agrees, but I walk beside Cole with a shy smile.

"Hello again, my little tiger," Cole warmly greets with a smile down at me. "Would you like to walk with me?"

Slowly nodding, I murmur; "Yes please. I feel I should tell you that I might walk a little slow,"

"Of course, but may I ask why that is?" he inquires as he eyes my casted wrist.

"Um, I have a couple of healing ribs from the lion attack two weeks ago," I murmur with a frown.

Cole frowns at me for a second before offering me the inside of his bent left elbow; "Then we will walk at your speed, okay?"

"Thank you," I whisper with rosy cheeks as we begin to follow everyone. "How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?"

Cole's smile widens; "I am 21-years-old, kitten. How old are you?"

I raise an eyebrow at the "kitten" nickname, but I do not comment on that; "I am 17-years-old. I, uh, understand if you want to reject me since I am young, and a tiger."

Cole gently pulls me to a stop, and I peak at him through my eyelashes to find a frown deeply etched on his face; "Larkin, look at me fully, please?"

When I slowly look at him, he continues in a calm, yet firm tone; "I am not going to reject you for being a Tiger nor your age. You are only four years younger than me, so I have no reason to reject you, so I won't be."

"Really?" I ask shocked as I search his face to see if I can find any sort of lie.

"Really, I promise," he assures as he gently runs his free forefinger against my cheek, and I can see the honest in his eyes and voice.

"Thank you," I tearfully whisper while trying not to cry.

"Hey, don't cry, my little tiger," he murmurs with a soft smile as we walk quickly to catch up with everyone.

The pack house is extremely large with four levels with the top level is split into half - one side is for the Alpha family and one side for the Beta family. The other three levels are for everyone else who does not want to live in their own homes. The main floor has the laundry, kitchen, dining room and two bathrooms.

Alpha Cameron told us that when he and Luna turn over the pack to Cole, they will be moving into their own home on the property. When we reach the backyard, Cole turns to me with a hopeful expression.

"I was wondering if you would like to have lunch me today?" he asks.

"I have to help get groceries for the family today, and I don't known when we will be home," I answer with a pout since I would love to have lunch with him today.

"Larkin, we will be home in time for you to have lunch with your mate," papi says much to my surprise.

"Are you sure, papi?" I reply with a hopeful voice, but not too hopeful since I don't want to rush the shopping.

Papi nods with a sly smile that I don't like as he replies; "Of course, I am sure, Larkin."

"Thanks, papi," I shyly reply before focusing on my mate again. "I would love to have lunch with you."

Cole instantly grins, and I swear my belly erupts into a million tiny, active butterflies as he answers; "Great! Do you have a favorite food?"

"He will eat anything that is editable! He isn't our picky child!" daddy calls over to us with a feel chuckle with papi nodding in agreement.

Blushing darkly at their comment, and Cole turns to face me with a raised eyebrow: "Is that so, Larkin?"

"Yes it is, and I like to eat a lot," I shy admit as my blush darkens.

I swear that if I keep blushing like I am, my skin is going to melt off my bones. Cole smirks at me, and I have the feeling that he is enjoying my blushing, and perhaps will try to make me blush whenever he is able, too. I hope my poor skin survives. I wonder if he is the teasing type?