chapter 5 - the fight on the beach

"What is she doing here?" I ask angrily, not taking my eyes off of Sarah.

John B turns and looks over curiously to where I am staring, seeing Sarah. I watch him as he smiles slightly and my face turns into a confused frown.

"What? What are you smiling at?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest and raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing, nothing." John B replies then looks back towards her. I follow his gaze.

I see Sarah's not-so-pleasant boyfriend, Topper, trying to help her get down from a large rock. I roll my eyes in disgust and walk away.
-
The night gets away from us and the beach becomes dark. The only light being the bright moon and burning fire that we made with some wood.

JJ, John B and I go down to the waves to put our feet in. The boys continue drinking their full cups of alcohol but I've finished for the night.

Randomly, I hear someone call my name.

"Oi, Y/n!"

Me and the boys all turn around immediately, to see who it is.

Surprise, surprise... it's Topper and his little Kook girlfriend.

Sarah.

"What?" I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Jeez, you could be a little nicer." Topper comments while laughing lightly. "No wonder Sarah didn't wanna be friends with you. I'm surprised if anyone would."

Oh, that son of a bitch.

I stare up at Topper angrily, but not really knowing what to say.

"Hey! Topper! How about you shut the hell up?" JJ butts in, stepping in front of me.

I look up to JJ, to see his jaw clenched and his fists tightened. I gulp slightly but begin to stop him from doing anything.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Just walk away. Okay?" I whisper and step in front of JJ. I push JJ back by little steps and look up at him, but he doesn't take his eyes off Topper. "Hey, just walk away."

"Oh, don't worry, Man. I get it. I guess I'd also be pretty pissed if my best friend was going around, slumming and sleeping with my friends and being the whore she is." Topper adds in, escalating the fight.

I feel tears start to fill my eyes as I turn to look at Topper in annoyance.

Usually, I would be able to stand up for myself but for some reason right now, I'm just frozen. I can't do anything.

JJ pushes Topper right in the chest. John B pushes JJ back more and whispers to him, telling him to calm down.

"Hey, hey." John B whispers, looking JJ in the face.

"You're so funny, Man!" JJ shouts to Topper, ignoring John B.

"Dirty Pogues!" Topper shouts out towards us.

He seriously never stops, does he?

"Hey!" John B screams in anger and walks up, face-to-face with Topper. "You better watch your mouth."

"Ha, yeah? Or what?" Topper questions, looking John B up and down..

"Or this." JJ comments, not giving anyone time to answer.

JJ pushes past me and runs up to Topper with aggression. I look up at my best friend with fear, scared for what's going to happen. JJ pushes Topper harshly in the chest, causing him to stumble backwards.

Many sounds of shock and excitement come from everyone else at the party, who are now watching the scene.

"JJ, it's okay." I whisper in panic and pull my best friend back to me.