chapter 41 - bullet

"She's talking to you Ward."

Ward Cameron furrows his eyebrows and turns back around quickly, seeing the gun pointed right at him. His eyes widen a little as his mouth falls open.

"You're under arrest for the murder of Big John Routledge." Sheriff Peterkin states.

John B swallows a lump in his throat, grateful that this is finally happening. Sarah gasps at the officers words and falls back onto John B in shock.

She can't believe her own Dad actually killed Big John.

"I got you." John B whispers and holds onto his girlfriend tightly.

"Are you kidding me?" Ward questions.

"Put your hands on your head." Peterkin commands, not lowering her gun at all.

"Are you kidding me, Sue?"

"Put your hands on your head!"

Ward clenches his jaw eyes the Sheriff viciously. He slowly brings his arms up and places them on the back of his head.

"Turn around." Sheriff Peterkin orders sternly.

Ward does as he is told and slowly turns around, now facing Sarah and John B. Tears slowly roll down Sarah's face as she watches her Father get arrested. John B feels a sense of relief inside of him.

"Drop to your knees!" Peterkin exclaims.

Ward closes his eyes at the officers yell and slowly makes his way to the ground. His hands stay rested on his head as he falls to his knees.

Sheriff Peterkin puts her gun away and grabs handcuffs out. She walks over to Ward and starts putting them on his hands.

"I don't like being used." Peterkin states.

Wards face scrunches up with anger as the handcuffs tightly wrap around his wrists. Sarah and John B watch the scene a little nervously from afar.

"I waited a long time for this." The Sheriff comments.

Ward pushes his elbow back and tries to fight against Sheriff Peterkin, making her immediately push him forward onto the ground. Sarah gasps and cries out loudly.

Peterkin pulls out her again and points it towards Ward Cameron. John B holds tightly onto Sarah and comforts her as she sobs.

All of a sudden, a loud ear-ringing gunshot is heard.

Both Sarah and John B gasp at the noise. Their bodies flinch as they hold onto each other tightly.

Peterkin freezes as her eyes grow wide. She starts gasping for air as she collapses to the ground.

She's been shot.

Suddenly, Rafe Cameron steps out from behind the plane. He's holding a shotgun out in front of him, smoke blowing from the top.

Sarah stares at her brother in disbelief as tears run down her face. John B glances in between Sarah and Rafe, his jaw wide open.

"Rafe, no." John B whispers as he starts to step towards him in anger. Sarah quickly stops JB and tries to hold him back.

Ward looks up to his son with shock.