Chapitre 19

Stiles, Allison, Scott, Jackson and Isaac were fresh out of high school. They saw Bonnie.

- Salvation.

- Salvation. Can we talk for two minutes Stiles?

- Yes of course.

- Will you join us at my place? Jackson asked.

- Yes.

He left with the witch and took her to the nearby park so he could talk quietly.

- I bothered you ?

- No, don't worry. We just decided to do our homework together. I would go after.

They arrived at the park. They walked along the edge of the river.

- What is it ? Is it about fate? You are scared ? Doubts ?

- Yes. I feel useless, I can't do anything with my powers, nor with my blood. You will risk your life. Already, just with Damon and Stefan it was worrying, but with Caroline and Enzo. Then, even if I love him, I don't know if...

He took her left hand in his right hand when he saw her troubled.

- I know the risks, but I can tell you that I'm scared. None of what can happen to me, for some time my life has been filled with supernatural creature, hunts and chases, but not succeeding the spell. I've known him for a while, but I can't imagine my life without Damon. The choice I made leaving him broke me, but it was a blessing in disguise. Stefan, Caroline and Enzo offered me a chance to stay with him. Then I understand your resentment, I'm the only human in a pack of werewolves. Finally there are humans, but they know how to defend themselves, Allison is good with a bow. Me ? I manage with a baseball bat and I attract the bad beasts.

Bonnie smiled, even laughed a little.

- You have powers. Okay, for this spell we need a druid and not a witch, but I'm sure you'll get your part on Friday.

- Thank you. You know, I've known Damon for a while now. We weren't on good terms at first, but then we became friends. Since I have known him, I have never seen him like this. He really loves you, you make him better. And I think I understand what attracted him to you. You are not just a human Stiles, you have something special.

He smiled, his cheeks flushed slightly.

¤¤¤

He walked her back to the motel. He stopped to kiss his vampire who had come out to meet him.

- What were you doing with Bon-Bon?

- Jealous ?

- Possibly.

He smiled and put his arms around his boyfriend's neck as the latter hugged him around the waist.

- I have to join the others, so if you kiss me instead of making me a mini-scene?

- Do you really have to leave me? I am surrounded by two couples.

- I would be too I tell you.

- It's true, but you can do your homework and make them do it too so you don't see them kissing.

- I don't think your brother and your friends kiss all the time.

- No, I just want to spend more time with you.

- Me too. But you're dating a high school kid and I have homework. Then, we have to get ahead because we won't be able to do them this weekend.

- Are you sure you want to do this spell?

- Not you ?

- I love you Stiles, but I don't want to risk your life. You don't know, but Stefan has control issues when he drinks human blood.

- There will be no problem, don't worry. I trust you all.

- And if...

He silenced him by kissing him.

- No ifs. Instead, think about what we'll do when you're human. Now I have to go.

He kissed her again before getting in his jeep and going to Jackson's.

¤¤¤

It was Friday. Never had a day passed so long and yet so quickly.

When school was over, they joined the vampires and the witch in the park. Seeing the tablecloth covered in food, he frowned.

- Even though they are big eaters, there are only three wolves.

- This is for you, Stiles. Said Enzo.

- To me ?

- You have to take strength to hold out long enough during the spell. Stefan explained.

- I can't eat that much, I'm human. Like I said before, even my three wolves can't eat that much.

- Eat as much as possible.

He looked at his wolf friends, his boyfriend, the vampires, Allison and Bonnie.

- Good, very good. But I'm not the only one eating.

- Agreed.

¤¤¤

They stayed in the park until it was time to go to the veterinary clinic.

¤¤¤

Deaton sat him down on the examination table and asked him to roll up his sleeves.

- I'm asking you one last time, are you sure of yourself?

- Yes go on.

The vet slashed his wrists while reciting an incantation. When he was done, he held out his arms. He closed his eyes as he felt his fangs bite into them. He barely heard the second incantation, he opened his eyes, but hardly had he done so when he saw the vampires fall to the ground and he felt himself sinking.