Chapitre 11

Stiles couldn't believe the alpha was asking him to make such a choice. He had thought the grumpy gentleman had changed, but he was wrong.

Anger overwhelmed him so much that he was shaking. His heartbeat was accelerating causing his chest to ache. He closed his eyes to try to calm himself down. He felt a hand land on the back of his neck, even though it had been years since they'd shared that bond, he knew it was Jackson trying to soothe him.

- I choose Isaac. He replied in a trembling voice.

- No. cried the latter.

He looked at her with a small smile.

- True friendship comes first.

He looked back at the alpha.

- Be sure of one thing, I don't want anything to do with you guys anymore. I chose Isaac, not the pack. You must be delighted you managed to get rid of the cumbersome human.

- Proof that you're leaving the vampire. Derek asked.

He took his phone and dialed his lover's number.

- Aye.

- "Hello kitten. How's your morning going? »

- Damon, I'm sorry, I can't go on anymore.

- "Kitten? »

- It's impossible for the two of us.

- "We talked about it, I love you, we..."

- No I do not...

He couldn't finish his sentence when his phone was taken from him.

- Damon, it's Jackson. Your kitten is very sad. I bring it to you.

Then he hung up.

- Why did you do that ? I chose Isaac.

- You don't have to choose. Said Isaac. I'm going to get my things and we're leaving. I'd rather be an omega than a beta of this pack.

- I think the same. Says Jackson in turn.

Isaac went upstairs to get his things as Jackson stepped in front of him as if to protect him. When Isaac returned, they left the loft without a word or a look for the others.

In front of the jeep, he took Isaac and Jackson in his arms.

- Let's go. A vampire must be stamping with impatience.

- And then we'll go home. he said.

- What ?

- You come to live at home.

- No at home.

He bit back a laugh at Isaac's blushes at Jackson's proposal.

- Not that I don't want him to go to your house Stiles, but Isaac is my boyfriend.

- It's your duty.

- Here is.

He got into his jeep with Isaac who had taken the keys to drive in his place, finding him still on edge, Jackson was following them in his Porsche.

When they arrived in front of the motel where Damon was staying, they saw that he was waiting for them in front of the door. He threw himself into her arms. Isaac and Jackson recounted what had just happened. Her lover thanked them. His friends left them as lovers after a hug each.

He called his father to tell him that he was no longer part of the pack just like Isaac and Jackson.

After eating, with her man, they talked about movies, books before watching TV entwined.

*****

Around six o'clock, Damon received a call from his brother. He went to the bathroom so as not to disturb his kitten who was watching the movie.

Stefan had fun asking her how her first romantic relationship was going.

- Do you give him presents? Do you write her love notes?

- I make love to her.

- Damon!

- I hope Bonnie will find something because I don't want to lose him and I can't or don't want to transform him.

- He changed you.

- Is it wrong?

- No. I feel like I've found my brother of yesteryear.

A light silence was faced with this revelation, but it was not heavy, it was a silence where the excuses, the need for the other were felt.

- You are soon on vacation it seems to me? Come.

- I have already done more than once this year, so I come as soon as I have a plane.

- Agreed.

- On the other hand, if you plan to stay there, you should look for something better than a motel.

- Until I hear from Bonnie...

- You are scared ?

- Yes.

A new silence fell before Stefan wished him good evening and that he would call him back to let him know of his arrival.

Returning to the bedroom, he announced that his brother was coming to see him. Stiles quickly got up from the bed and started pacing. He approached him and took him in his arms.

- Calm down, you're going to puncture the carpet.

- But if...

- Everything will be alright. You are a good person, who loves supernatural creatures and loves putting yourself in danger. You are a real cordon bleu. The ideal brother-in-law.

- You know I love you Damon?

- I know and I feel the same.

There was no longer any doubt, for more than a century, he had never been so happy.