Chapter 30: Bianca

Bianca had never felt so helpless. And she hated that. The moment the water around Lisa burst, all Bianca could think was we're dead.

Ok, she's been through some crazy stuff. She'd just very recently faced a huge three-headed dog and watched it being calmed down by Zoe with a bouncy ball. She'd somehow kept a cool head while listening to Lisa explaining all her plans(SHe had a temper) She'd even managed to get her friends out of that lobby, even though she passed out cold for five minutes.

But having her memory wiped clean? Bianca couldn't stand that. But all she did was just stand there, frozen, as the water came crashing down on her.

She could hear Silena's shrill scream. Bianca closed her eyes, ready to forget everything. But somehow, when she opened them again, she still remembered who she was. The water hadn't touched her. It stood frozen in a wave.

Zoe.

Bianca looked over and what she saw worried her. Zoe's hands were outstretched. She was drenched in sweat and very clammy. Obviously, controlling the Styx river, taming a huge dog and now this, was too much for her. BIanca had to help her. SHe couldn't hold the water for long.

"Rose!" Marie said suddenly. "Where is she?!"

"You don't think–she can't have been–" Silena whispered.

Bianca refused to believe it. Rose had to be ok. If she wasn't—-well, as annoying as she was, Bianca wouldn't be able to stand that.

"She has to get to the cages. Hopefully, Laura, Nella and—and the real Cora are free," Bianca said. She still couldn't levive teh whole Cora/Lisa/Beast thing. How could they have failed so badly?

"I—can't—" Zoe mumbled. Bianca cursed. They had to get out of here. Zoe suddenly gasped. She doubled over as a large arch appeared in the wave. Two figures and a large iron cage tumbled through it.

Silena shrieked, and slipped backward as Rose and Laura landed at her feet. Rose had her hand wrapped around one of the bars of the cages.

"Oh thank the gods!" MArie cried.

"Do you remember who we are?" LAura asked in a panicky voice. "I'm Laura Underwood! We've all been friends since we were super small! This is Rose Valdez! She's—--"

"LAura, we remember you," Silena said soothingly. She helped Laura up and gave her a hug. "We're so sorry."

LAura blushed. "Oh–oh, it's alright. I should have told you the minute I knew for sure but I still had doubt–"

"Right," Rose sat up. She looked bad. Her hair was burned in places. Her face was streaked with dirt and she looked utterly exhausted. "I can't get the cage to open."

"But you did it for mine!" Silena said, releasing Laura. "And Laura's and hopefully Nella's."

"I got Nella. She's hiding," Smart Harpy, Bianca thought. "But?" She insisted.

"But this cage is designed differently. I think Barny wanted to make sure we didn't free the real Cora. Something about 'fire of life',"

"Barny. Seriously?" Silena asked.

"Hey, I don't do 'serious.' So now what?"

"Now," BIanca said. "We get out of here before she finds us."

They all looked at the unconscious form of Cora Dare.

"WHat about her?" Laura asked nervously.

Bianca swallowed. "We take her with us. Maybe once we get away from the Underworld we might find a way to break her cage—"