Young and Beautiful

[15/15]

» Parenthood isn't the end of your youth. It's simply the beginning.

"... and they lived happily ever after. The end." Rin finished reading a bedtime story to the now three year old Shizuka as she fell asleep at his words, chest lightly heaving as she breathed softly. The Matsuoka smiled and tucked the blanket up to his daughter's chin before getting up and leaving her room, closing the door just a little bit as he made his way back to his and [Name]'s room. Two years of marriage, and it didn't seem like the spark that the couple had had any intention of fading; no, Rin and [Name] were perfectly happy, and there was nothing that either of them would ever want to change.

"She sleeping?" asked [Name], already sitting in bed, dressed in her pajamas with a novel in hand. Rin scratched the back of his head and nodded at his wife, changing into comfortable sleepwear. [Name] bit her lip and put her novel down on her bedside table, eyeing Rin out carefully. Rin, seeing [Name]'s intense gaze from over his shoulder, chuckled halfway through the process of putting his shirt on.

"Yes?" he inquired sweetly, flashing a toothy grin at [Name]. She blinked before shaking her head, patting Rin's space next to her.

"Quickly, come and sit down, I have to tell you something!" she squealed excitedly, bouncing up and down in her spot. Rin raised an eyebrow in curiosity, finishing dressing up and coming to her side. He plopped down beside [Name] and looked at her with a bored look in his eyes, swinging his legs onto the bed. [Name] grinned, and leaned forward so that she and Rin were face to face.

"Guess what?" she whispered, giggling uncontrollably. Rin leaned closer to her so that his lips were at her ear, and whispered, "What?"

"Guess!" Rin frowned, and lay his chin on [Name]'s shoulder, sighing in defeat.

"I don't know."

"Let me give you a hint. Do you want a boy or a girl?" Rin blinked and straightened up, looking at [Name] weirdly.

"Are we getting a dog?" he asked suspiciously, making [Name] chuckle in amusement. She shook her head, and beamed so brightly Rin was almost wary for a moment. [Name] leaned forward and grabbed her husband by his shoulders, shaking him vigorously.

"Rin, we're having another baby!" The redhead was speechless, before his face broke into an awed grin.

"Oh my god, I can just-" Mixed between yelling out and shaking [Name] back, Rin instead lunged forward and pulled [Name] into a passionate kiss, catching her off guard at his roughness.

"Woah, I'm glad you're happy!" she remarked after pushing Rin away with a laugh. He merely spluttered with his hands outstretched, unable to say anything.

"I-I- ugh!" Rin pulled [Name] back to him again, holding her against his chest by the front of her shirt. He briefly stopped to look up at [Name], looking deeply into her eyes.

"I think this calls for a celebration," he said huskily, making [Name] blush faintly. With no objection from [Name], Rin was at it again, and this time, he had no intention of stopping.

He was going to be a father. Again. And he couldn't have been more ecstatic about it. He had the perfect wife and daughter, the perfect home, the perfect life- and now, he was about to share all that with another child, another one to call his own.

​Words couldn't describe his joy.