Meeting grandma

I can't believe your not talking me out of this? Eda said bundling up luz with thick blanket.

Well to be fair, Luz does deserve to know who her grandparents are. Oswald sighs as he finishes putting away dinner in the fridge.

____________________

Eda and Oswald soared through the dark sky on her staff with a sleeping Luz bundled in a blanket, cradled in Eda's arms. The Owl Lady looked down and saw a familiar looking house.

"Can't believe I'm back here again after so many years." said Eda as the staff descended down to the ground.

Eda stepped off her staff and walked towards the front door of the large house while carrying Luz who was still slumbering. Stopping in front of the door, Oswald sighed before pressing the doorbell which caused a sound to ring out inside.

It was almost a full minute before Eda and Oswald heard sounds on the other side of the door. The door opened to reveal an older lady who looked similar to Eda.

"Hello? Edalyn?!" The old lady jumped in surprise.

"Hi mom." Eda said quietly with a small smile.

Gwendolyn opened the door wider.

"Y-You're visiting... Does that mean your curse is gone?" she asked excitedly.

Eda's smile dropped as she closed her eyes. "No." she said depressingly.

We're still working on it. Oswald adds.

Gwendolyn's smile also faded. "Oh... then why have you come? And what's that you're holding?" she asked, noting the wrapped bundle.

"That's why I'm here." Eda explained.

"And that would be?" Gwendolyn asked with one eyebrow raised.

Eda pulled down the blanket slightly to reveal Luz's sleeping face. "To meet your granddaughter." she clarified, her mother responded by covering her mouth in surprise.

__________

A few minutes later, the four sat in a small room with chairs and a lit fireplace.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wake your father? He misses you dearly." Gwendolyn asked while pouring da a cup of warm tea.

"No, he's probably still traumatized from the owl beast accident." Eda replied with one of her fingers being gripped by the now awakened Luz. "We just need to talk and then I'm off again."

Gwendolyn reluctantly agreed before sitting down if front of Eda and looked at the little child in her hold.

"So tell me about this little cutie! You said her name is 'Luz', correct?" she questioned, making cutie faces at Luz.

Eda nodded. She decided to allow her mother to hold Luz who happily complied.

"So how old is she? I also wish you told me you were pregnant with my first grandbaby!" said Gwendolyn who lightly pinched Luz's chubby cheek which made the toddler laugh in delight.

"Well, that's the thing." Eda corrected.

Gwendolyn looked up at Eda, confused. "What?" she asked, still holding Luz close to her.

"Well just so you know Oswald is her father."

"That Human? Gwendolyn said glared at Oswald and looked down at Luz. "So that means she's..."

Gwendolyn pulled the blanket off of Luz's head to reveal her round ears with feathers poking out her hair and gasped.

"A human.with a owl curse.." Eda confirmed, slightly worried at how her mom will react.

Gwendolyn continued to stare at Luz, who stared back curiously.

Just before Eda or Oswald could say anything or take Luz away, Gwendolyn just shrugged.

"Ah well. A grandbaby's a grandbaby!" Gwendolyn smiled and hugged Luz tightly. The toddler saw Gwendolyn's faded brown hair and gently began playing with it.

Eda was surprised and secretly relieved by her mom's calm and positive reaction. "So you're okay with Luz being a human and Oswald being her father?"

.........I'm surprised I'm not getting attacked by her palismen right now? Oswald adds nervously.

"Why wouldn't I be? And if this is the closest I'm getting to being a grandma, then so be it! Not like I would've gotten any from Lilith."

Eda cringed at her sister's name. "Uhhh. Mom?"

____________

An 2 hours and a half later, Eda and Oswald exited through the door with Gwendolyn following behind, carrying Luz who was once again asleep.

"bye, little cutie." The old lady whispered to Luz and kissed her forehead.

"Thanks again. And if you could not tell Lilith that I was here-"

"Don't worry sweet flea, I won't say anything about this." Gwendolyn promised while handing Luz to Eda.
"Oh Eda! Before you leave, I have some people who could help you and your daughter with your curse!"

"Bye, mom." Eda refused and walked down the stairs.

Gwendolyn huffed. "But you can' just ignore your curse! What about Luz?" she asked worriedly.

Eda grabbed her staff and looked back at her mom.

"I believe have it under control." Oswald adds holding a fluffy owlet Luz staring at a shining coin.

Notes:

Maybe someday luz will meet grandpa but for now feel free to ask questions and follow me on tumblr to ask more questions