Baby king

Two months later.

It was the middle of the night, both Oswald and Eda accidentally brought a mysterious egg home after getting chased by the emperor's guards to a unknown temple....luckily they left luz with hooty...or things would have gotten ugly.

_____

Oswald picked up the egg and placed it to his ear.

"Do you hear anything?" Eda clasped her hands at her chest in worry trying not to wake up their sleeping daughter.

Oswald raised an eyebrow, "Uh, if I didn't know any better, I would say it sounds like...snoring? Oh, wait, ,it stopped."
Suddenly a fist shot out of the egg and hit him square on the nose. Oswald jerked back, one eye watering a little.

Oh!" Eda exclaimed, reaching out and supporting the little one as it burst out of the egg, "a-baby demon"

Oswald blinked a few times and chuckled, "guess he was taking a nap but is ready for the world now."

Eda smiled as she picked up the newly hatched demon with fur as dark as midnight and a white skull.

_______

The following morning.

Baby Demon and Luz stacks household objects upon one another. He completes one stack and stands proudly.]

Eda snorts. "Ah, look at you. A King amongst his subjects."

King... King! [he falls down]

Eda gasps. It spoke. [to King] Yeah, that's right. A king.

Oswald happily adds in. "You know what else kings do? They command armies and eat delicious feasts."

Baby King claps and Luz makes happy noises.

Luz/king: best buddies forever!

Notes:

Why! Because I wanted to