Protect the chick

It was her father's 45th birthday and of course her mother begged her to visit and bring luz to meet her grandpa for the first time.

"Hey, Dad..." Eda looked at the fade orange hair man , nervously held her hands behind her back, Luz, Oswald , King, and PortaHooty at her side.

"Happy birthday!" Oswald says.

"Ah, daughter and my son in law!" Dell threw his arms around Eda. "How I've missed you, Edalyn."

Eda noticed her eye. He was already healed, all that was left was a faded scar.

"Dad, I-"

"Come in! And oh! Are these my grandchildren? How sweet!" Dell picked up King, PortaHooty, and 12 year old Luz, hugging the three of them.

"Actually, Hooty is a house devil," King assured, resting his paw on Dell's shoulder.

"An adorable house devil!"

Hooty jumped in happily, tears stinging his eyes. "Hoot! No one has called me adorable before!"

Eda walked into the living room, instantly greeted by Gwen and Lilith, who were sitting in a checkered chair.

Eda narrowed her eyes, growling slightly. This was going to be fun.

"Hello, dear! We are waiting for you to open the presents!"

Dell walked in, Luz, King, and PortaHooty sitting next to a small box of toys.

Lilith was silent, watching King and Luz as they dug into the toys.

Dell started to open a present, he took out a box of chocolate green eyeballs.

"Look, father! Do you like it?"

"Oh yes! Thank you, Lily." Lily smiled at her father.

Dell started to open another, a nervous look on Eda's face.

Finally, after what seemed like years, Dell produced a pair of rare white tulips.

Gwen and Lily were confused.

"Do you have a flowers for your father?" Lilith finally asked laughing.

"I love it". Dell said quietly, gently rubbing one of the pedals. Dell took Eda's hand, placing the flower in it and closing her hand, resting his over hers.

Gwen, Lily, luz , Oswald and Eda were in a whirlwind of emotions and questions right now.

"Edalyn, I wish you had seen me more. When I came over with your mother, you would never come out to see me. And you never came to visit. I'm surprised you came to this birthday..."

Eda's breath hitched. "I...I did it so you could meet your first grandchild Luz."

"I'm glad, because after all these years, I can finally tell you that I forgive you. I forgave you the day it happened, but after you ran away..." Dell sighed. "It's not your fault. I'm so glad to have you as my daughter. I don't blame you, I never did. You know, whether we want to or not, we can't change the past. The Owl Beast is a part of you. And I love every part of it. of you and your daughter".

Dell hugged a crying Eda. Gwen launched herself at eda. "Oh honey! That's so sweet!"

Lilith just sat there. She felt different. She felt... something. She couldn't tell what it was, but...it was something.

"Thanks, dad. She really...she needed to hear that." Eda wiped away her tears, pulling away from the hug. Dell smiled and Eda chuckled a little.

"Hoot Hoot! How cute!"