A side of divorce

Alador rounded the corner of the stairwell and pushed open the door to the kitchen. What he saw had him stop dead in his tracks. Odelia , his beloved wife, was forced dyeing her hair green and locking his younger daughter amity in a cage.

Alador's heart thudded in his chest. He felt the blood rush out of his face and heard it pounding through his ears. How could she do this to amity - to their family? The spell book he had held in his hand dropped to the floor with a loud clunk.

Odelia had the decency to look ashamed. Amity , however, just cried and curled up into a ball.

Alador stared at this wife, a woman he felt like he didn't even know her anymore. It seemed like his life was crashing down around him. The sound of his blood rushing through his veins was so loud that he didn't even hear what she said. He saw her lips move, but he didn't understand a single word.

"What?" he asked abruptly, his voice sounding strangely foreign to his ears.

"I said that I was sorry, Alador. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I'm sorry that I was trying to make our family perfect. I'm sorry that..." odelia rambled.

"Just stop!" He snapped. "How could you do this? How can you just throw away all these years we have had together? Can you really live with yourself knowing that you have been treating our children like this."

She just stared at the floor. "Now, Hon, be reasonable," she began.

"Reasonable? You want me to be reasonable about the fact that you've been making deals someone else behind my back?" He shouted. He didn't notice the door open behind him and two heads peek around it.

"You need to be reasonable! Our daughter is dating a little beast!"

"How am I supposed to be reasonable?" Alador pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to calm himself. "Get out. Get out! Don't come back. The divorce papers will be delivered tomorrow," he said with finality.

She gasped, "Divorce? You can't mean that, Alador."

Alador said flatly. "Get out of my house, my sight. I can't look at you right now. "I knew you were power hungry Odalia but this-" Alador shook his head, "This is wrong." Alador growled. "I can't believe you could've seriously hurt Amity just to have her be like...like you." He snarled.

Tears welled up in Odalia's eyes as she noticed the children looking on with wide eyes. "Alador, the children..." she started.

He turned to look behind him and saw his two other older beautiful children edric and emira standing there in different states of shock. Tears poured down their faces as they realized what was happening. "Kids, your mother has decided to find a new life. She is going to live in prison from now on."

She stared open-mouthed at him, "You can't just kick me out. This is my home."

"Actually, your name isn't on the deed to the house, so it isn't yours. if you ever get out of prison, go back home to your parents. At this point, I don't care anymore." Alador turned away from her and gathered the children to him as he walked them out of the kitchen and to the upstairs library.

_______

He sat on the sofa and pulled them all down with him. They sat in silence. His heart was broken and the pain was unbearable. A sob escaped him and his children looked up at him. Tears ran down his cheeks as he pulled them to him in a tight hug. "I am so sorry. I never wanted to expose you all to this much pain. it's okay to cry. I am here for you whenever you feel the need to talk," he explained.

"And we are here for you, dad," all three children , spoke softly.

_______

A few nights later

In prison, eda clawthorne sneaks in and bribes the cook to serve odelia the worst meals for a year.

Notes:

Yes folks , I didn't forget about this story. Been working on other projects and I do hope there's a special place in hell for odelia

Thank you everyone for reading and commenting 😤