𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖊

Shapeshifting grid.

Every driver.

List of animals:

1.    Max: lion.

2.    Daniel: honey badger.

3.    Lando: Quokka.

4.    Kimi: polar bear.

5.    Val: artic fox.

6.    Checo: prairie dog.

7.    Seb: wolf.

8.    Lewis: black panther.

9.    Lance: moose.

10.    Yuki: fennec fox.

11.    Carlos: meerkat.

12.    Charles: cat.

13.    Pierre: panda.

14.    Mick: wolf pup.

15.    Nikita: Kenyan sand boa.

16.    Antonio: horse.

17.    Esteban: giraffe.

18.    George: Jack Russell.

19.    Nicholas: beaver.

20.    Nando: alligator.

21.    Alex: Persian cat.

It was a good race if you ask Seb, he scored some good points. But that isn't what he would say a good race. Those few points isn't what makes it a good race. Seb considers it a good race when no one got hurt. Mostly when none of the kids got hurt. It makes him feel so much better about no one crashing out, it breaks his heart and worried him when someone crashes, mostly one of the kids.

He is happy his boyfriend got on the podium for the hundredth times. It's not something they are celebrating anymore, it happens so many times that what is the use of celebrating. They normally just go to the drivers lounge to chill and chat a bit with the other drivers. Some drivers come to that lounge and others don't.

Max is one of the only kids that doesn't really come. He seems to disappear before anyone could ever ask where he is going or if he wants to come. Seb by now has given up on getting Max to join them. The dutchman only really talks to Daniel. Seb believes that Max has never been in the drivers lounge ever in the years he has been racing. Not once.

Every time Seb asks if Daniel could bring him along. Daniel goes on about something that he doesn't understand. Something about not wanting to be a bother or be somewhere he would be made fun of. Daniel never tells Seb more, not even when he asks the Aussie what he means with that. Why would Max ever be a bother?

It was one of those days where Max had the top step of the podium. The cheering of the crowd, the smiles that the podium sitters have on their faces. Seb can't remember a day where Max had shifted on the podium. He would just stand on the spot on the podium and stand there, while Lewis showed of his black panther, roaring at the crowds. Valtteri's artic fox makes little fox noises that are pretty soft but he jumps a bit, with a fox like grin on his face.

Max just looks at the horizon from what Seb can see. He looks a bit distant and sad but he can't see it clearly. If Seb thinks real hard about it, he has never seen Max shift ever. Like he might be one of the only humans on this planet not to be able to shift. If that was true, then that is not something he should be ashamed of or try to hide from other people.

Seb could think of a hundred reason to why Max doesn't shift, why he hides from other drivers or just straight up refuses to go anywhere with other people. And because he and Lewis are the grid parents of the paddock, they make it their business when it comes to other drivers. They feel responsible for them. So why couldn't he get to talk to Max?