Chapter seventeen- Kyra

A warm blue light envelopes Kyra's body, sending her into a warm, tired trance. Peace travels through her veins, and she knows that she can save her friend. The one she didn't thank before. ...The one who has no idea about her forbidden power. She felt sort of like a superhero, with their transformations with a flashy light. She was reborn for the purpose of finding the crack of the earth and fixing it again. She didn't know why she was sent down as a baby, but she knew that she was ready to fight whatever evil she must face. She remembered everything, her past self. Her painful death. Her parents.

As the light flickered out, she slumped over on the grass, suddenly exhausted. Instead of a small chibi fox in front of her, there was a huge fox with beautiful silky black fur with white swirls. Instead of a regular forehead, Koda had beautiful gems inside of them. The middle one was blue, the far left yellow, and the far right, red.

"Oh, these?" Koda asks, noticing Kyra's bulging eyes.

"They are Mana Stones. We are Mana Omens. And you are our master. We will serve you in the war and help you fulfill the prophecy." Koda smiled, showing his –quite adorable— white fangs.

"Prophecy? What prophecy?"

"I'll tell you: Ahem!

"Find the two eggs of yore,

Find and help the poor,

Or else the world will pay,

With blood and death and gore.

Find the Demi of time,

And beware of the two-lady mime.

Make sure to be safe, with her, and more, or else the Grime will win,

Don't let the Grime win,

Don't let Lim and Mim and Trim lose.

Let the Grime win, or else you'll pay for your sin.

Find your true self, your place, to find your glory,

Or else everyone will forget your story

Of sadness, shame, and fights that are super bloody...

Find the two Mortals of Power,

Find the Scales of Kindness,

And Find the one of Eternal Hiding.

Find the one Of Possession,

Find the one Of Mind,

Or else the world will pay with a bloody killing."

"...I'm pretty sure I found the answer to at least two," Kyra said, imagining the answer. Kyra was about to blurt it out, but Koda stopped her.

"Don't tell me." He smiled. "That is for you and Ember to figure out. ...I've already said too much as it is."

They sit up from the grass, and watch the sun go down. Once they make their plan to catch up to Ember, and nod their heads. When they look down the cliff, they see a small cave only a few feet down that they could rest at for the night. Koda promised that he was extremely good at leaping and NOT ending up falling off instead, so she followed his lead. After he landed on the rock that jutted out before the entrance of the cave, Kyra tried to spread her wings. She jumped down. Instead of a peaceful land, she ended up falling so fast that she couldn't even think before landing on her face. She'd never had a "bloody nose" before, so she didn't know why there was blood dripping all over the rock.

"OH NO!!! I'M DYINNNNNNNNNNG!" To humans, this may seem like an overreaction. Well, that's not how it's like for them. Imagine this: They have a strong beak, and it has never bled before. Sure, they bleed from scratches on the rest of the body, but since the faces of all species of Phoenix, Morpheen, Phipogrix, Hippogriff, even Griffins are extremely tough, their faces rarely bleed unless it's something brutal or they're dying. But not only has Kyra never had many scratches because of her curse, her brain automatically signals that she's dying. So, in other words, this is completely normal for anyone who's experienced life like her. Who knows, maybe if a human's face is rock-solid, they might experience this as well?