Chapter Thirty~Four

Chapter dicated to SaraiBrooks46

Dante King...

"You may be right about that Trina," I said to her.

We were once again having this discussion about Reigny and how she was causing so much mess. And I have to say that I am completely tired of having this conversation almost every fucking day.

"I could use Reigny as bait to draw Russo out, but I will not do that to her. I will not use her and put her life in danger like that. Hell she already has a big ass target on her back." I said as I stood up for the chair.

"But you're willing to put your own life on the line for her? Dante, I won't let you do that," Trina shrieked.

I stood up and readjusted my jacket, "Well, it's a good thing you don't have a say so in anything" I gave her a fake smile before walking out of the room.

"Dante!" Trina yelled. I just ignored her and continued to walk away.

We've been working for about three hours but we haven't found anything yet. Trina was able to hack into two of Antonio's laptops but there's one laptop that she hasn't been able to hack into it so it got us thinking that there is something in that certain laptop that could help us figure out what's so special about Reigny and why Russo needs her.

And for some reason, Trina keeps bringing up the fact that Reigny doesn't belong in this world or how she is only useful as bait. She also came up with this ridiculous claim that Reigny might be working for Russo in order to take me down.

I don't know what is up with her and her obsession with Reigny but I don't have the time for it. If that's all she's going to bring to the table then she can leave.

I walked into the kitchen where I was met with my father on the phone and my mother was rubbing his back. From the sound of everything and the way he was looking, I can tell that whoever is in the other side of the phone is not delivering any good news.

"Merda," he whispered. I watched as he ran his hands over his face and let out a sigh. "Grazie per avermelo detto e contatterò Lori e controllerò lei e il resto della famiglia...Va bene, ciao." He hung up the phone before putting it in the counter.

"Is everything alright?" I asked not liking the tension that's going on.

"No everything is not ok," I saw the tear run down my father's face.

"Papa, what's going on?" I asked again.

I could tell whatever it was because my father just shook his head and walked out of the kitchen. I looked back at my mother to see that she was shaking her head before running her ands over her face.

"Mordecai is dead," my mother whispered.

I could feel my whole body freeze from the news I just heard.

Mordecai is dead?

Mordecai can't dead. He just can't be.

That would mean that my parents lost another close friend.

First Antonio. And now Mordecai.

Both of my father's good friends are now dead.

I looked at my mother and saw that she was trying to hold in her tears but she was failing.

"Cosa gli è successo?" I asked her.

She lets out a sad laugh before shaking her head.

"Mamá?"