Chapter Thirty~Nine

There is not much for me to say this go round, so I'm going to shut up and let y'all get on to the chapter.

This chapter is dedicated to @CHLOECARMZ159

"Thank you for the invite Laura and I promise you we will make it to the funeral. And please do not hesitate to let us know if y'all need anything...ok then ciao." My father said as he hung up the phone. He turned around and gave us a sad smile.

"That was Laura, she was letting me know that Mordecai's funeral is next Friday and they wanted to invite us."

"Humph."Was all I could say as I continued to play with my food.

I wasn't in the mood to eat for I had too much going through my mind. I didn't get much rest last night because I was too busy trying to rack in my brain on what could be the possible reason on why Reigny would just leave like that.

Did she get so scared to the point where running away was the best option? Does she not trust me that much to protect her from him?

Or did she think her leaving would automatically protect everyone from Russo? If that's the case, then she doesn't know the danger she just put herself in.

Now that she is all alone in the world, she could be killed at any given moment. And what sucks the most is that I have no way of contacting her or even tracing her.

"Honey," my slowly lifted my head up to see both of my parents looking at me with concern on their faces. "You should really eat your food." My mother said.

I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to mess with my breakfast. Hearing a sigh, my mother walked up behind me before wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me into a hug.

"I know you're worried about her dear, I am too but there has to be some explanation on why she left." She said trying to give me some reassurance.

"It doesn't matter on the explanation Gine, the fact is that she is out in the world all on her own with no protection and no guards. This is not the time for her to be out in the open like this, especially with Russo's men out and about looking for her. This is no time for fun and games." My father said.

Looking at my watch, I seen that it was time for the meeting. Taking the last sip of my coffee, I stood up from island and straightened my jacket. I leaned over and place a kiss on her forehead and gave my father a nod before walking out the kitchen.

I walked into the living room and saw some of the maids and butlers cleaning up.

"Good morning Master King." A maid said making all of them now their heads. I just gave them a small noise and kept on going.

A humorless laugh escaped my lips as I thought about something. Reigny would have probably fussed at me about my "rude behavior". That made a small smile appear on my face. Or she would have smacked the back of my head with her heavy hand.

My smile dropped as I stood in front of the door. Straightening up my posture, I walked into the conference room to see that everyone except Trina was already present. You could tell the atmosphere in the room was cold and serious.

Some of Trina's men were talking amount themselves as if they didn't have a care in the world. Some of my mine where also chatting among one another, but then you have Seth, Simone, and Leo all sitting in their spots not saying a word.

Seth was too busy playing with his fingers and he looked like he was in a trace. Leo was holding onto Simone's hand and was trying to comfort her but it was like she wasn't trying to hear it. I watched as she laid her head on his shoulder.