Chapter Twenty~One

This chapter is dedicated to @ijlahsufiyyah😁

Dante King...

I looked around my surroundings as I had to stop at the red light. I leaned back in my seat as I thought about the news I heard from the little Bambi.

To hear the things that she went through after her parents death pulled something inside of me. She was bullied by the kids at her school for being different and having different color eyes. Had to go to therapy for her dreams. She even depended on tattoos to make the pain go away.

That's not how she was supposed to live. In pain and fear. Yes, she would still be devastated from the lost of her parents but she would have still be around people who would have her back and make sure that's she's good.

But what really is getting to me is the fact that she said that she was staying with her aunt and uncle that she has never met before on her mother's side. For some reason, that doesn't sit well with me.

Her parents die in a car crash and all of a sudden a mysterious aunt and uncle just comes in and take her in. I might just be paranoid about this but something sounds real off about it.

"Dante!"

I snapped out of my inner thoughts and looked over at Bambi and saw she was giving me an annoyed look. "Get your head out of the clouds, the light is green and you have very angry people honking at us."

Indeed she was right the light is shining green and I do hear cars screaming in rage at me to go. I let out an annoying sigh and started back driving.

"Sorry about that little one, I was thinking about something." I said not wanting to startle her. She just let out an 'ok' and looked back out the window.

"So Mr. King..." I quickly glanced over at Reigny before putting my eyes back on the road. Her body was now turned towards me and her back was against the window. "Are you going to tell me where you are taking me?" She asked me. A small smirk appeared on my face before looking back at her.

"Awe, wouldn't you like to know?" I said in a mock tone making her roll her eyes but a smile appeared on her face. "I mean, if I didn't know any better I would think you're trying to take me far away just to have me to yourself." I could hear the mischief in her voice. I just rolled my eyes and kept them on the road.

"Awe King, if you wanted me to yourself all you had to do was ask." She said reaching over and grabbing my cheek and giving it a grandma squeeze. I swatted her hand away and muttered under my breath how she makes me want to strangle her. That only got a laugh out of her which made me smile.

"But seriously, this is one of the places I want to take you. So you can get a background that not everything that the mafia is bad all the time." I looked over at her to see that she was looking at me as if what I am saying is the most interesting thing she is hearing.

"See, with me I manage a company and have different kinds of stores, clubs, etc that  will help people get some jobs. I keep my mafia life and my personal life separate. So my workers only knows me as a business man and other who is in the mafia knows me as both." I tried to explain my situation of being both Mafia King and business owner.

"Let me give you another example. My cousin Seth. You see how you two are together. Both of y'all are wild, love to have fun and both are a pain in my ass." I heard as she let out a giggle at my description of how I portray the teenagers.

"Seth, yes he's probably the most nicest person in the mafia you will ever meet. Hell, most women who's not in the mafia is more viscous than Seth." I feel as if I couldn't explain to Reigny about someone who is her age then maybe she could get the gif a little more.