Chapter Thirty~Five

Before we go into this chapter, I just want to say that if y'all got the notification that chapter 36 has been published, please ignore it. I was working on the chapter on my tablet and my 9 month old pressed the published button. So I want to apologize for that.

I was going to wait to publish this chapter tomorrow but since y'all got a false notification, I'm going to go ahead and gift y'all this chapter.

Chapter dicated to Sushieter

I felt the goosebumps rise up on my skin as the wind was blowing. Strands of hair that fell from my messy bun was blowing across my forehead.

I watched as the sun set and I have to say that it was very beautiful and peaceful. It actually made my life seem a little normal, but once it was all over and the moon had set in the sky, I remembered what little normalcy my life actually is.

Its been a couple of hours since mine and Dante's spat. I wanted to be as far away from him as I could. I didn't even want to breath in the same air as him at the moment. Being in the room with him, I felt like I was suffocating with what he was telling me. It felt as if my throat and chest was tightening up and my heart had stop beating.

It already hurt to know that he could die at any moment, anytime he stepped out of the house because of me. But hearing that he was alright of dying on my behalf really broke my heart.

I may not trust him right now and I may be very much angry at him but I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. I don't think I could take anymore heartache.

I've kind of been ignoring everyone who came outside to check on me.

First it was Seth who was coming to tell me that him and Dante were going to step out of the house for a minute to come up with another plan to get Russo out of hiding. Once I heard that Dante was leaving the house, my body got tense but I remained quiet. I guess he got the memo because he let out a sigh and went back into the house.

Then Alec came and gave me a bowl that contained chicken dumplings and a roll. I was about to deny it but my stomach decided to betray me and let it be known that I was indeed hungry. That only made him laugh and he handed me the bowl and a bottle of juice. He left but not before giving me a pat on the back and then walking inside.

Next came Simone.

She asked if I wanted to do some yoga but I just shook my head. She was trying to start a conversation with me but once she noticed that she wasn't going to get anything out of me, she finally gave up and left.

That was two hours ago and now here I am just sitting pitifully while listening to the crickets make their music. I'm pretty sure that Dante and Seth were back by now, but I wasn't in the mood nor did I want to go in and check myself.

"In the mood for some company?" I looked up to see Dante's father, Lorenzo, standing over me. I noticed that he had ditched the suit and was now in some dark blue sweatpants and a matching hoodie to go with it. And on his feet were some dark blue slippers. In his hands looked like a cozy and fuzzy blanket.

I know that I first saw him in the office but everything went left so I never really noticed him but now that I got a good look at him, I can see where Dante got his good looks from and those pretty grey eyes.

I didn't say anything to him and just turned my head back and looked at the ground. I then felt the blanket being placed over my shoulders. I automatically felt my body start to warm up. I couldn't help but take in the scent of the blanket and I could tell who it belonged to. I felt a tear wanting to escape my eye at the thought that the Kings kept my father's blanket.