Chapter Forty~Six

I'm backkkkkkkk!!!! 😁😁😁

Ok, so here's the thing. My plan was to upload this chapter in January but as y'all can see, that didn't happen. The New Year already started off crazy. I celebrated my 24th birthday on the 7th, started classes and I have a writing class 🙄🙄. Then Zhane ended up getting the flu and on top of that WRITERS BLOCK!!!!!!

But we are back in business and I decided to go ahead and give this to y'all now for Valentines Day. So let's go ahead and get on with the chapter. Make sure to read the Author's Note at the end.

This chapter is dedicated to @bourbonxD

Warning: Graphic murder

We've been in the car for an hour and a half now, and Milan was not lying when he said that Gabriel could get us to Nevada fast in a hurry.

I thought Dante was a daredevil when it came to his driving, but Gabe took the cake. The boys were used to his driving, for they were just sitting back there talking among themselves and singing songs (Hector and Ricardo). I, on the other hand, continuously found myself holding onto the car door and holding my breath.

He would go 60 miles over the speed limit, swerve the car whenever we had to make a turn, step on the gas whenever the lights would turn yellow, and just changes lanes every ten seconds in order to pass car. So yes, we were in Nevada in no time.

Now, he was driving calmly, for we were only 15 minutes away from our destination.

"So Reigny, what are we exactly looking for when we get there?" Ricardo asked from the very back.

"Whatever looks important," I told them. "Quite frankly, I don't know what to expect when we get there." I said as I kept my eyes to the front.

The car then became quiet as the guys started to check their guns and strap themselves with their weapons.

We finally arrived at the end of the driveway, and Gabe turned in and started to ride through the rocky and bumpy path. So many memories ran through my mind as I looked at all the familiar trees that surrounded the car.

"Wow, you were deep in the woods, weren't you?" Hector said.

"Yes, I was. I didn't understand it then, but after learning everything that has occurred in my life, I finally figured out why they kept me hidden from civilization," I said. "They wanted to make sure that I would stay dead to the people who knew about me, just so they could continue to think that I was dead." I said to myself, but I knew that Gabe heard me, but he didn't say anything.

He parked the car and turned it off before hopping out along with the other guys. Taking a deep breath, I got out of the car myself and started walking to the front porch with the boys right behind me. I grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door open, and what I saw was exactly what I expected.

The living room was trashed. The television that was once mounted on the wall was now on the ground with the screen broken. The table was flipped over, and the couch cut up. Glass all over the floor, etc. I had a feeling that they were going to do this before leaving.

"Where do you want us to start?" I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned around to see that they were all looking at me, waiting on further instructions. I am not going to lie, I kind of forgot that they were here with me. I wondered off in my mind, just thinking about how the majority of my life happened in this very exact house.

"Check all over the place, the kitchen, the garage, the small board room, the basement, everywhere," I commanded. "Don't leave no room unintended."

"Wait, we all are going to need these." Ricardo said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like to be some earpieces. "Just so we can stay in touch with each other." We all reached out and grabbed one. I never had these before, so I watched the boys put theirs on first before doing the same thing. I then pressed the button in the middle, and I heard as the piece was turning on.